Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
All NSW (General) (General) (General)  

Author
Looking for climbs around Narooma.
stonetroll
3-Jul-2009
6:33:43 PM
Hi everyone, 'hope you're all well and crank'n like demons.

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows of some climbing action within 50km of Narooma ?

And if there's anyone in the area for the next few days that would like to hook up ?

evanbb
3-Jul-2009
7:13:47 PM
Tianjara Falls is pretty close to there? I'll check Google maps, but post this message anyway without checking.

POST EDIT

I'm wrong, it's further than I thought. Eden's probably too far south too. There's some rock around what I know as Corunna Point. Maybe some FA's waiting for you? Good fishing there at the very least.
stonetroll
3-Jul-2009
8:18:15 PM
Thanks evanbb, i might go for bit of a wander around Corunna. Yeh Tianjarra is a bit far for now, hope to head up there in a week or so. But just looking on Google maps, it looks like worth check'n out behind the cemetary in Narooma.

Pat
3-Jul-2009
10:32:45 PM
I remember some nice looking granite near Tilba Tilba. Is that nearby?
Brazened
4-Jul-2009
7:42:18 AM
There is some granite bouldering in Tilba (15 minutes drive south of Narooma) on the
lookout hill behind the Pub. There is a small climbing gym at the squash court in the
industrial section of town (last left turn when going south out of town then left again, also
a bike shop) the owner couldn't provide much info on any climbing in the area the last
time I spoke to him, which was 2 years back.

Corunna point at Mystery Bay is kinda chossie, most of the rock around the sea in this
area is unfortunately, the Glass house rocks at Narooma are fairly similar.

The best bet is the Granite at Tilba, bouldering on the lookout hill would be ok but if you
venture any further best to ask around for permission before hand. Also Little Dromedary
on the sea side near Tilba Tilba looks to have alot of granite, but you definately need
permission from the farmer who owns the land before venturing up. Maybe a chat with
the local bush walking club can provide his number, they venture up usually once a year.

Cheers,

Bruce.
stonetroll
4-Jul-2009
6:07:11 PM
Thanks guys, i'll have a wander around Tilba aswell. : )

IdratherbeclimbingM9
5-Jul-2009
8:53:20 PM
On 4/07/2009 Brazened wrote:
>The best bet is the Granite at Tilba, bouldering on the lookout hill would
>be ok but if you venture any further best to ask around for permission before hand. Also
>Little Dromedary on the sea side near Tilba Tilba looks to have alot of granite, but you
>definately need permission from the farmer who owns the land before venturing up. Maybe
>a chat with the local bush walking club can provide his number, they venture up usually
>once a year.

It is also 'special' ground to the local aboriginal folk.
~> Would be worth having them onside rather than pi$$d off ...
BA
6-Jul-2009
11:59:12 AM
Russ Crow did some climbing around there in the '80s. Photos of tied off stag ferns for protection ... mmm ... yum.
climberer
6-Jul-2009
4:27:41 PM
On 5/07/2009 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>It is also 'special' ground to the local aboriginal folk.
>~> Would be worth having them onside rather than pi$$d off ...

I second this. Please be aware of the sacred places in this area before you think about climbing on them.

Probably not quite what you're after, but there are plenty of bouldering traverses on the cliffs at the local beaches (bit sharp and can be a bit crumbly though).
stonetroll
6-Jul-2009
5:54:09 PM

>I second this. Please be aware of the sacred places in this area before
>you think about climbing on them.
>
>Probably not quite what you're after, but there are plenty of bouldering
>traverses on the cliffs at the local beaches (bit sharp and can be a bit
>crumbly though).

Full respect for sacred places.
I noticed the sharp crumbly stuff, it was pretty delicate.

There are 10 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints