HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Grampians Northern Hollow Mountain & Surrounds Clicke Wall [ Clicke Images ] 

Author
Kindergarten?
Setha
28-Dec-2004
9:29:02 PM
Hey,

I'm keen on heading up to the Kindergarten, but have heard some different ideas about the approach.

So, what is the best (quickest, easiest to locate) approach? Also, what's the angle of the sun like in that place? Does it get full sun and is best to go there in the morning or evening when its cooler?

Any recommendations on problems would be cool too!

Cheers!
Seth.

Tel
28-Dec-2004
10:37:47 PM
Setha, these are the approach details I was given by alrob.......

basically,.... from Mt zero car park. you head up flat rock, and your actually looking for the big dead tree to the far left of flat rock. from memory, it was only like 50-100meters from the base. near this tree is a small ramp to scramble up. its the only break in that short cliff line that shoulders flat rock on the left. after you find this and get up it, you continue up the slope and to the left, aiming for the longish orange cave section. if it has heaps of chalk, then you've found lower kindergarden. to find upper kindergarden, scramble up and around to the left to a giant overhang, where the ground is pretty much
white sand.
I don't know for certain about the sun but by looking at the guide it would appear that it would be in the shade in the morning. With regard to which problems will be cool, I am hoping to have a crack at Fairy Head, charlies sex tour , false profit , innocence and bubble trouble. The only photo I could find from RC.com
kindergarten
A Horse is a Horse V4
http://www.rockclimbing.com/photos.php?Action=Show&PhotoID=9083

guides
http://www.australianbouldering.com/guides/grampians/kindergarten.html

http://www.geocities.com/Pipeline/Ramp/3904/GrampiansTopos/Stapylton.html

hope it helps some.... cheers
tel

Setha
30-Dec-2004
11:40:49 PM
thanks tel!

There are 3 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints