HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Southwest You Yangs Stockyards Car Park (General) [ You Yangs Guide | Images ] 

Author
access you yangs
PatchBoy
10-Mar-2008
8:40:10 PM
was at the north western outcrop on sunday practicing putting up a double portaledge with a freind when a couple of securrity guards started yelling out to come down you are on private property which it is but was told that the movie been made in the philistine block area was the only leased area has anyone else had the same problem when climbing in this area
Fish Boy
10-Mar-2008
8:52:35 PM
Climbed there a week ago and saw camera's and other junk...there is no camera in the little black domes though....

D.Lodge
10-Mar-2008
9:01:02 PM
As far as i know patch boy it is on public land or at least not on the sand mines land. It is just the crossing of the fences onto their land that they get upset about. So they really had no grounds apart from boredom to yell at you.
Dave C
10-Mar-2008
11:45:14 PM
All of the NW Outcrops are on private land.
I've been out there a couple of times without any problems but I've bumped into others who have been asked to leave as well so I'd say it's luck of the draw whether you get away with a visit.
Bob Saki
11-Mar-2008
9:36:37 AM
We also got hassled leaving the NW Outcrop on Saturday.

Despite explaining to the security guard that the no trespassing sign faces the NW Outcrop which to the average punter to not cross the fence, but the side we find ourselves on is fine. He stared blankly and did not appear to comprehend this concept!

We await further news as to weather it is possible to keep climbing here during the final month or so of the films shooting. Apparently the land of the NW Outcrop has been leased as well.

westie
11-Mar-2008
9:43:21 AM
You have to keep a low profile. They know people are gonna cross at the junction of the two fences there. Hop the fence a bit further down and keep behind the bushes. They won't even know you're there.

harold
11-Mar-2008
6:26:55 PM
I was told to leave on saturday as we were walking out of north western. I have been out there a bit lately and this is the first time there was any problem. It was a bit weird as the signs are all posted to say keep out of the cleared property where Philstine block is.

North western outcrop is on the same title as the big quarry over the hill which is accessed from the end of Drysdale Road. This is owned by Kalari which is a huge transport company. I assume that no one has been bothered before because it is out of sight of the quarry and there are no vehicle tracks around there. I have spoken to the the locations manager for the filming and she told me that they are also leasing the quarry site with north western on it, and that the owners have asked to them to keep anyone out of their property, including climbers. So it seems that the security patrols are telling people to keep out because of instructions from the owners, as part of the lease. Although, it doesnt seem as though any filming is happening close to north western. I was also told that they will be filming for a few more months.

Hopefully, once the film crew leaves, so will the security and things will go back to the status quo. I doubt that Kalari could be assed patrolling north western just for the quarry site as the only way to drive there is through the other block which is owned by someone else, and I know that they dont care about people climbing at north western.
So as westie says, keep a low profile if your out there and keep out of sight. I would be interested to know if any one else gets kicked out in the next few weeks. The security guard I spoke to didnt seem too agro, just doing his job. Seemed happy enough if you just moved on, then again might be better to wait until the show moves on. Might be good idea to keep under the radar of the owners of the property. I doubt that they realize that people climb there all the time, and best they dont find out.

There are 7 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints