HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Arapiles (General) (General) (General) [ Arapiles Guide | Arapiles Images ] 

Author
Birds Nesting at Arapiles 2014
kieranl
30-Oct-2014
9:12:39 AM
It's bird-nesting season at Arapiles again. Reports just in for the usual suspects (falcons, kestrels & other raptors) :
Cassandra : nest and eggs just above rap bolts.
Eurydice : birds nesting

Other popular locations that haven't been checked yet but are probably active are Harlequin Cracks, Revelations/Bishop.

Please avoid these climbs and stay at least 50 metres away. Nesting finishes late December I think.

I've notified Cliffcare. I'll try to get some signs up tonight if I have any in the garage.

Old_Man
30-Oct-2014
2:48:29 PM
Two weeks ago a bird had a nest inside the crack on Huey, about 2/3rds of the way up. You could hear the chicks inside.
kieranl
30-Oct-2014
3:41:45 PM
I wouldn't imagine that a falcon or kestrel would fit inside the crack on Huey - non-raptors will just have to take their chances.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
30-Oct-2014
3:57:10 PM
On 30/10/2014 kieranl wrote:
>I wouldn't imagine that a falcon or kestrel would fit inside the crack
>on Huey - non-raptors will just have to take their chances.

What if they are rare and endangered 40 spotted pardalotes?
Heh, heh, heh.
White Trash
30-Oct-2014
4:03:34 PM
On 30/10/2014 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>What if they are rare and endangered 40 spotted pardalotes?
>Heh, heh, heh.

he might take pity on them if the weather goes cold again an wrap them in his 28 year old tshirt?
gfdonc
30-Oct-2014
4:59:10 PM
There was a bird's egg sitting on top of a rock at the top of Morfydd last weekend, in the open air. It just seemed completely random, and out of place.

jdb
31-Oct-2014
11:18:00 AM
On 30/10/2014 gfdonc wrote:
>There was a bird's egg sitting on top of a rock at the top of Morfydd last
>weekend, in the open air. It just seemed completely random, and out of
>place.
>
Given the location, it was probably a Feral Chicken egg........
gfdonc
31-Oct-2014
3:18:13 PM
I'll use one of your standard responses ... boom tish.
kieranl
30-Nov-2014
1:40:24 PM
Update on Euydice : I saw some feeding activity this morning and after the parent departed could pick out a bird moving around - it's in the niche just below the bit of blue tat. Judging by the size of the thing I would guess that it's not far from leaving the nest - maybe in the next couple of weeks.

There are 9 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints