HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Arapiles (General) (General) (General) [ Arapiles Guide | Arapiles Images ] 

Author
Arapiles Pocket Companion guidebook
OSP
3-Dec-2013
3:26:57 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just letting you all know that our new title - Arapiles Pocket Companion is now available. Contains 770 of Araps routes included in the larger guide and over 50 topos. Includes all the multi pitch in the big guide and has been created to cross reference perfectly with it.
http://osp.com.au/?product=arapiles-pocket-companion-arapiles-selected-climbs-available-soon-5th-december

Cheers,

OSP team

shortman
3-Dec-2013
3:44:46 PM
Sounds like spam to me, ;)

Looking forward to this one guys!
onsight
3-Dec-2013
9:59:35 PM
And our 132 page small-format Arapiles guidebook, "Arapiles, 444 of the Best", authored by Gordon Poultney, which covers the classic routes and has over 80 photo topos, is actually available now in climbing shops or from here.

Cheers!

;-)

Eduardo Slabofvic
4-Dec-2013
7:53:53 AM
And the Arapiles Rock Climbing Guide to Greek Mythology.

Order now, and I'll throw in a copy of the Arapiles Rock Climbing Guide to routes with "Dog" in the name.

You may also like the Arapiles Rock Climbing Guide to routes that have a bulge.

thylaxene
4-Dec-2013
9:12:00 AM
What we need is a fat bastard guide to Arapiles. Or a weekend warrior's guide to Arapiles and how to climb hard on Sunday. Or even better for us oldies… Guide to Best Routes to Perv on Those Sexy Gym Rats with their Shiny New Racks Who Climb Harder Then Me. Title needs work I think.

Seriously how many more Araps guide books do we need?

You guide book publishers. How about a Road Trip Guide to Australian Climbing - Best Areas and Classic Routes? Something I can read while on the shitter and dream. Say 100 routes per State starred only and good range of grades? Get to it!

IdratherbeclimbingM9
4-Dec-2013
10:03:37 AM
On 4/12/2013 thylaxene wrote:
>How about a Road Trip Guide to Australian Climbing
>- Best Areas and Classic Routes? Something I can read while on the shitter
>and dream. Say 100 routes per State starred only and good range of grades?
>Get to it!

It has already been done.

Classic Climbs of Australia.
Author; Joe Friend.
Publisher; Second Back Row Press. 1983.
ISBN 0909325367

~> Great book in its time, and still a classic, though I'd happily buy a modern equivalent if it ever comes out.

thylaxene
4-Dec-2013
10:53:15 AM
yeah got that one. Like a modern version though. :)
gfdonc
4-Dec-2013
10:55:06 AM
On 4/12/2013 thylaxene wrote:
>What we need is a fat bastard guide to Arapiles.

Eduardo wrote:
> You may also like the Arapiles Rock Climbing Guide to routes that have a bludge.

^^^^ I think that's what he was saying ;-)

Eduardo Slabofvic
4-Dec-2013
11:41:58 AM
Also announcing a reprint of the Rock Climbing Guide to Mount Arapiles for people with Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)

aka the bouldering guide
kieranl
4-Dec-2013
12:05:35 PM
On 4/12/2013 Edward Oslabofvic wrote:
>Also announcing a reprint of the Rock Climbing Guide to Mount Arapiles
>for people with Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)
>
>aka the bouldering guide
I think they missed that. Could you repeat it?
martym
5-Dec-2013
10:17:38 AM
The Araps & Grampians guide to camping?

Best spots to hitch a ride to Horsham...
How to get in quick for the flat spots...
Understanding the ever changing pricing policies...
Best advice for storing your empties without too much drippage on the way to the recycling depot in Natimuk...

There are 11 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints