Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop

DMM: New DMM "Belay Master 2" screwgate. I-beam construction and plastic clip. (State of the Art!) N/B Only 1 left!  $25.00
28% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
All NSW (General) (General) (General)  

Author
Farside guide
cogsy
24/09/2013
7:00:23 PM
Steve from bmtopos.com has just put the Farside and boganville guide on his site. For those who don't know, the Farside is about 45min walk or 30min ride from the diamond falls carpark. There are about 35 routes from 24-31, with about 5 in every grade from 25-30. Routes are gently to lots overhanging, and 20-35 metres long. Rock is similar to bell crag, and the aspect a lot like diamond falls....good spring/summer/autumn, and freezing in winter. Mostly long pumpers.....

Another alternative to bell maybe, and a bit easier (and drier but looser) than elphinstone!

E. Wells
25/09/2013
6:57:46 PM
Excellent, thanks Chris. I guess my sheet of paper with 20 biro pen lines and numbers scribbled on them that you whipped up in 5min is obsolete!
spicelab
25/09/2013
10:46:49 PM
On 24/09/2013 cogsy wrote:
>For those who don't know, the Farside is about 45min walk or
>30min ride from the diamond falls carpark.

Always the optimist Chris.

The concept of riding to Farside is an interesting one.

nmonteith
26/09/2013
6:38:51 PM
On 25/09/2013 spicelab wrote:
>On 24/09/2013 cogsy wrote:
>>For those who don't know, the Farside is about 45min walk or
>>30min ride from the diamond falls carpark.
>
>Always the optimist Chris.
>
>The concept of riding to Farside is an interesting one.

I can ride into Boganville (which is substantially further on than the Farside) in under 30 minutes with bolt kit. Easy peasy!

Snacks
27/09/2013
12:04:06 AM
On 26/09/2013 nmonteith wrote:
>On 25/09/2013 spicelab wrote:
>>On 24/09/2013 cogsy wrote:
>>>For those who don't know, the Farside is about 45min walk or
>>>30min ride from the diamond falls carpark.
>>
>>Always the optimist Chris.
>>
>>The concept of riding to Farside is an interesting one.
>
>I can ride into Boganville (which is substantially further on than the
>Farside) in under 30 minutes with bolt kit. Easy peasy!

Haha yeah. Since when is riding only 1/3 faster than walking.
spicelab
27/09/2013
11:01:09 AM
On 26/09/2013 nmonteith wrote:
>
>I can ride into Boganville (which is substantially further on than the
>Farside) in under 30 minutes with bolt kit. Easy peasy!

Makes plenty of sense for Boganville since about 80% of the track is on the Narrow Neck fire trail.

For Farside it's only 50% or so, and you'd have to be a pretty handy mountain biker to get much further.


nmonteith
27/09/2013
4:27:31 PM
On 27/09/2013 spicelab wrote:
>For Farside it's only 50% or so, and you'd have to be a pretty handy mountain
>biker to get much further.

You're very right. The one time I went to the Farside it certainly didn't seem particularly epic. No worse than Bowens that's for sure.
Cogsy
28/09/2013
7:27:53 AM
I've often ridden my bike to the fire trail turn off, stashed it in the bush, and walked the rest of the way. It takes 30 mins that way, and with lots of downhill on the way back, it's heaps easier. The Bogainville ride is much harder with the long steep hill at the end!
It's a much prettier walk than bowens, too, I reckon.

There are 8 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints