Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
All NSW (General) (General) (General)  

Author
Blue Mountain Death Swing Setup
puparooj
30-Nov-2012
10:26:26 PM
Hello
I'm currently in Perth but i'm going to Melbourne and Sydney as a holiday and, since I'm quite happy climbing with adequate experience (I like to think anyway) I've decided to attempt the death swing since its something I've been wanting to do for quite a while and missing out on the chances previously.

I've seen videos of it and the climbing of it to reach the peak is not a problem, however one thing i'm not to sure about is the rope setup for it, as in what knots, where to place clips, etc.

I have a fair Idea of it from some friends which I think should work quite nicely however I'm still not sure how to set it up, so I'd appreciate it if anyone here who's done that same swing could give me any advice on how they've done it?
I'll still attempt it with my setup, but I'd much rather some outside influence to make so I have it right.

Thanks for all the Help!

ChuckNorris
30-Nov-2012
11:03:51 PM
I don't get it. You want tips to survive a death swing?

Miguel75
1-Dec-2012
1:23:14 AM
On 30/11/2012 stugang wrote:
>I don't get it. You want tips to survive a death swing?

I'm with you Stugang. I feel this post shows a remarkable lack of commitment! Surviving a death swing.... Pshhhhh;)

I'm just kidding and can't wait to read about your swing, and see any pics...

IdratherbeclimbingM9
1-Dec-2012
9:50:09 AM
On 30/11/2012 puparooj wrote:
>Hello
>I'm currently in Perth but i'm going to Melbourne and Sydney as a holiday
>and, since I'm quite happy climbing with adequate experience (I like to
>think anyway) I've decided to attempt the death swing since its something
>I've been wanting to do for quite a while and missing out on the chances
>previously.
>
>I've seen videos of it and the climbing of it to reach the peak is not
>a problem, however one thing i'm not to sure about is the rope setup for
>it, as in what knots, where to place clips, etc.

>
>I have a fair Idea of it from some friends which I think should work quite
>nicely however I'm still not sure how to set it up, so I'd appreciate it
>if anyone here who's done that same swing could give me any advice on how
>they've done it?
>I'll still attempt it with my setup, but I'd much rather some outside
>influence to make so I have it right.
>
>Thanks for all the Help!

Hmm. An interesting first post from a newly registered user, as viewed by this cynical old fart.
You say you have adequate experience, but the way you write is remarkably similar in flavour to a rash of newbies we have had visit us lately...

On 30/11/2012 stugang wrote:
>I don't get it. You want tips to survive a death swing?

I agree with stugang.

Where is Bomber Pro when someone is asking for help to succeed with their death swing?!!
Heh, heh, heh.
Olbert
1-Dec-2012
10:19:48 AM
On 30/11/2012 puparooj wrote:
>Hello
>I'm currently in Perth but i'm going to Melbourne and Sydney as a holiday
>and, since I'm quite happy climbing with adequate experience (I like to
>think anyway) I've decided to attempt the death swing since its something
>I've been wanting to do for quite a while and missing out on the chances
>previously.

So far, so good.

>I've seen videos of it and the climbing of it to reach the peak is not
>a problem

If you are referring to the swing in the Blue Mountains then there is no climbing needed to reach it.

>, however one thing i'm not to sure about is the rope setup for
>it, as in what knots, where to place clips, etc.

This is a really weirdly worded sentence. It makes you sound like you dont have the experience you claim. If you have enough experience to do the swing then you should already know all the knots and techniques you'll need.

As for "Where to place the clips" - I don't even know what this means.

>I have a fair Idea of it from some friends which I think should work quite
>nicely however I'm still not sure how to set it up, so I'd appreciate it
>if anyone here who's done that same swing could give me any advice on how
>they've done it?

If you hadn't convinced me you don't know what you are doing from the first half of your post, I would believe this.

>I'll still attempt it with my setup, but I'd much rather some outside
>influence to make so I have it right.

Maybe I'm wrong and you won't kill yourself on the 'death swing' but I would advise not to do it without adequate supervision.

>Thanks for all the Help!
widewetandslippery
2-Dec-2012
7:30:56 PM
There is a simple rope swing at hanging rock and "the death swing" coined by lucky chance that requires a base rig. Can you fly?

There are 6 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints