Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

Edelrid: "Ultralight Helmet" (Turquoise) Mid blue .Fits 54 - 60cm Great heavy duty all-rounder. SUPER SPECIAL for a short time only!  $79.00
21% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
All NSW (General) (General) (General)  

Author
Warrumbungles Crag and Route Beta
The Gymp
27/06/2011
9:39:35 AM
I'm obviously getting soft and need more than a hand-drawn route on the back of a napkin. Does anyone have any photos of routes at the Warrumbungles or know where I can find some? I've got the Sydneyrockies guide already, but was hoping for more photos.
citationx
27/06/2011
10:14:32 AM
www.climb.org.au
look up routes, and then nsw, and then bungles etc.
alternatively if you search for posts with "warrambungles" (and also "warrumbungles") in chockstone, you'll find plenty in the threads, or links (like jo goding's photos) embedded.
gfdonc
27/06/2011
11:10:30 AM
Ahem. Just for the record I think most of "Joe Goding's Photos" are my photos posted up by Joe.
Phil, I can provide more detailed piccies "from the source" if you need them. I did check Joe's topos at some stage but I'm not sure all the changes made it there. Also check my profile for a trip report from 2007.

Steve
citationx
27/06/2011
11:38:03 AM
In actual fact, I was thinking of the photos on climb.org.au (which may very well be yours) and Neil's photos on his smugmug from his 2010 trip with ads et al.
He's (neil) got some good ones towards the end of the gallery...
radson
18/07/2011
4:25:49 PM
Hey Guys, I'm new to climbing. What kind of rack would you take to the Warrumbungles?

Thanks

Brad
gfdonc
18/07/2011
4:37:58 PM
Fairly standard trad rack. Wires are certainly useful but cams work best in the parallel cracks. I don't recall carrying (well - on my harness..) or using any big gear, but depends on the route of course.

Double ropes if you want to bail off effectively.

wallwombat
18/07/2011
5:49:31 PM
On 18/07/2011 gfdonc wrote:
>Fairly standard trad rack. Wires are certainly useful but cams work best
>in the parallel cracks. I don't recall carrying (well - on my harness..)
>or using any big gear, but depends on the route of course.

I find small cams come in handy.
radson
18/07/2011
7:28:20 PM
Thanks a lot guys, I am going to try and make my way up there in August.
jgoding
18/07/2011
7:42:17 PM
RADSON - you'll have a ball. Enjoy the adventure. Getting lost is part of the fun with the Warrumbungles. Just make sure you're equipped and you might half enjoy it!

Take a spare head torch, spare batteries, food and good warm clothing and lots of water. A compass or GPS isn't such a crazy idea as getting lost when it's dark up there and you can't find the track isn't that much fun.

Steve - (and anyone else) - what corrections still need to be made re route descriptions on the ACA?

Did I forget to caption some photos correctly? If so please let me know and I'll fix them up.

There are 9 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints