All NSW (General) (General) (General)  

Author
Sahara Point Map / Directions

DangerLaef
26-May-2011
12:10:41 PM
Hi folks,
I'm staying at Newnes this Weekend.
Is there a map online so I can so find the shortest route to Sahara point?
(or maybe some directions?)

The only directions I can find online start from The Bell's Line @ the Zig Zag railway.

thanks.

rodw
26-May-2011
1:03:29 PM
Its on top of the plataeu so cant access it from Newnes direct though if you go along blackfella hands road that will take you to sunnyside.....serious 4wd road though.
widewetandslippery
26-May-2011
1:21:22 PM
rodw did you put up the shortest route at saharha point or was it someone else?

DangerLaef
26-May-2011
1:43:50 PM
It's been a few years, but I've driven on Black Fella/s Hand Road in a Ford Falcon before,
It is really that eroded?

rodw
26-May-2011
1:45:23 PM
If it the one Im thinking of Dnager yeah...but its been a while so I could be wrong?

Yeah dude shortest route is mine I think?
strerror
26-May-2011
1:57:21 PM
I'll be up there climbing as well. Might even see you there!

DangerLaef
26-May-2011
4:11:48 PM
Any chance of a map.. or Lat-Long?

rodw
26-May-2011
4:51:57 PM
Okay got the route from the wolgan up Blackfellas hands road then up Fire trail no5 (thats the 4wd one) you can continue the long way along blackfellas hands to sunnyside and come back...PM me your email and Ill fire you a topo which I got of the SIX viewer...

https://six.maps.nsw.gov.au/wps/portal/

rodw
24-Jul-2011
4:38:43 PM
Hit sahara point today (plan was originally the Dams but apon arriving the dank spoogy water dribbling everywhere made us bail)..so afew updates to the directions...

...the road in has been graded so it is suitable for 2wd all the way to the car park....it takes about 30mins extra from The Dams cliff going via the Zig Zag railway turnoff and is an excellent crag for anyone climbing easy to moderate grades...with a better view than The Dams.

.......No 5 Fire trail now has a gate on sunnyside end anyway....I asume its got one on the other end as well so if travelling up from the Wolgan you'd have to take Black Fella's Hands road to sunnyside then back out
widewetandslippery
25-Jul-2011
11:34:28 AM
I was rodw partner in crime for the day.

I had only been to Firecat Walls previously (same general area) in a Mitsubishi Express van and had worries of being stranded. The road has been vastly improved.

The routes recorded in guides as Sahara Point upper or CragX are very worthwhile. Good rock, good location, short walk from car. Found it strange no one had ever, apart from rod, mentioned its quality.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
25-Jul-2011
8:22:22 PM
On 25/07/2011 widewetandslippery wrote:
>I had only been to Firecat Walls previously (same general area) in a Mitsubishi
>Express van and had worries of being stranded.

ww was gonna tip you out?
;-)
widewetandslippery
26-Jul-2011
7:50:21 AM
Nah, long time ago in a borrowed work van.

There are 12 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints