Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Grampians (General) (General) (General) [ Grampians Guide | Images ] 

Author
Weather at grampians

will5686
12-Jan-2011
11:48:01 PM
Hey guys,

We are heading to the grampians on Friday and called the info centre today to be told that almost everything is shut because of rain. Apparently the north is fine so we are going to head to stapylton, but was just wondering if anyone had been there recently, and had any information they could pass on. Ie. How is access to the crag? Is the campground a river? Are the Mosquitos biting?

Cheers,
Claire
kieranl
13-Jan-2011
9:09:04 AM
This site http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1park_display.cfm?park=109 shows changed conditions. It's not dated though but the current road report
http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/resources/mresources/Gramp_road_report_07012011.pdf
is dated 7/1.
Worth checking again tomorrow morning for any updates after today's rain.
Stapylton should be fine unless there is a major fire ;)
Are the Mosquitoes biting? Is the Pope the head of a patriarchal cult?

will5686
13-Jan-2011
9:50:04 AM
Very funny :)

Then I guess as long as none of the crags are underwater we should be all right! As long as we pack enough DEET.

shortman
13-Jan-2011
11:55:09 AM
the mossies are relentless....take pants

will5686
13-Jan-2011
12:07:46 PM
Maybe I'll buy one of those hats with the netting all around, the noise of a mosquito buzzing in my ear while I try to belay is the worst!

shortman
13-Jan-2011
12:09:44 PM
an ipod might do the trick, unless u just wanna make a fashion statement...

will5686
13-Jan-2011
12:11:02 PM
Until I miss the desperate call of "clipping"...

BoulderBaby
13-Jan-2011
12:27:18 PM
Mozzies are biting through clothes!

We're hoping to get back this weekend, but who knows it everything has/will dry up.
Access T CliffCare
13-Jan-2011
12:37:31 PM
On 13/01/2011 kieranl wrote:
>This site http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1park_display.cfm?park=109 shows
>changed conditions. It's not dated though but the current road report
> http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/resources/mresources/Gramp_road_report_07012011.pdf
>is dated 7/1.
>Worth checking again tomorrow morning for any updates after today's rain.
>Stapylton should be fine unless there is a major fire ;)
>Are the Mosquitoes biting? Is the Pope the head of a patriarchal cult?

Heres the latest update I received yesterday. As Keiran has noted the latest road report is what is currently on the website. I will be getting another road report tomorrow so will post when I get it. Hope this helps.

**There has been wide spread flood damage throughout the Park from the weather over the past 24hrs. Park staff are currently assessing damage from the rain.

Please note the current park closures from flooding:

Victoria Valley - All roads and campgrounds are closed in this area, including Boreang and Strachans.
Eastern side of the park - Includes Redmans Road and Mafeking areas
Venus Baths Walking Track
Wonderland to Venus Baths Walking Track
Grand Canyon Walking Track
MacKenzie Falls Walking Track
Silverband Walking Track
Jimmy Creek Campground
Zumstein Picnic ground

There has been reports that there has been considerable damage to Mt Victory Road, Vicroads are currently assessing the road.

Please be aware that there could be further closures over the next few days. Parks Victoria advises that visitors should not travel on any unsealed or remote roads in the park until further notice.

For further information visit www.parkweb.vic.gov.au or www.vicroads.vic.gov.au.**

Cheers,

Tracey
Access T CliffCare
14-Jan-2011
10:25:29 AM
Most people are probably aware of this given developments overnight on the Western Highway but received this early this morning:

All main roads into the Grampians National Park are currently closed due to either flooding or trees blocking roads.
There is also no access into Halls Gap due to flooding.

Parks Victoria advises that visitors and operators should stay away from the Park today and not travel on any unsealed or remote roads in the Park until further notice.

Please recommend to visitors that there are many activities available in our regional towns. Local Visitor Information Centres will be able to advise visitors on these activities.

For further information on current flood warnings visit ses.vic.gov.au and for road information visit www.vicroads.vic.gov.au

..::- Chris -::..
14-Jan-2011
11:57:07 AM
Some video footage of Halls Gap picnic area outside the shops..... Note the paragraph at the end of the article.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/qld-floods/a/-/article/8646102/victoria-faces-worsening-flood-crisis/

Cheers
Chris.
ZERO
15-Jan-2011
9:35:57 AM
The whole of Grampians has been closed due to major flooding, landslides and road damage.
People are dealing with major crises in the district and it is better for everyone that you don't end up in the poo using up valuable resources.
Highway is closed from Stawell to Horsham and flooding is expected in next 2-3 days.
If you make it here you may have a long delay getting back home.
Wendy
15-Jan-2011
3:55:24 PM
this will give you some idea why they've closed the roads ...

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/album.php?aid=322140&id=679940406&fbid=10150124956940407

(it should be visible to everyone)
egosan
15-Jan-2011
4:23:22 PM
You suck Wendy. Try again.
Wendy
15-Jan-2011
4:35:35 PM
maybe you need to be a social networking geek and have an account?
egosan
15-Jan-2011
5:05:42 PM
f--- that in the ass with a twelve inch plastic dong.
Wendy
15-Jan-2011
5:33:38 PM
were you lubing that or not? they're not my pictures and I don't have andrew's dedication to copying things onto here.
Wendy
15-Jan-2011
5:42:07 PM
that's not me, that's some guy called Marty who posted them all. I don't know him, i guess he's a Hall Gap person.
kieranl
15-Jan-2011
8:43:59 PM
On 13/01/2011 kieranl wrote:
>Stapylton should be fine unless there is a major fire ;)
oops!

Miguel75
15-Jan-2011
8:48:10 PM
On 15/01/2011 egosan wrote:

Edited: duly noted Mod. cheers

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 24
There are 24 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints