Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Page 1 of 4. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 71
Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Arapiles (General) (General) (General) [ Arapiles Guide | Arapiles Images ] 

Author
weather at Araps

nat
10-Jan-2011
11:00:03 AM
can anyone tell me what the weather is doing at araps at the moment? Heard of rain, but you know how it never rains at araps... or else it pours!
Does it look like it will pour the next 4 days?

ajfclark
10-Jan-2011
11:05:24 AM
Judging from the forecast for Nati I'd guess yes.
Wendy
10-Jan-2011
11:07:31 AM
http://www.weatherzone.com.au/vic/wimmera/natimuk/

It doesn't look that flash, does it? Having said that, there's no reason why you couldn't have climbed something this morning, just some very light showers in Nati, but they had 60mm and flooding in the main st in Warracknabeal this morning, so it might well have poured at the Mt and I didn't know about it too.

Gavo
10-Jan-2011
11:07:39 AM
Ill just add my 2 cents that the weather prediction for Saturday was 37degC and windy, and Sunday 32 and rain.. that was at 7am saturday morning...

had 2 awesome days of climbing, temp didnt seem to go above high 20's on Sat, and no more than 30 on sunday but no rain... bit windy but not too bad..

Anyway, weather wasnt too accurate.

nat
10-Jan-2011
11:20:20 AM
mmm might take my chances, gotta at least get a couple of climbs in if its not storming...
right?
Wendy
10-Jan-2011
11:28:00 AM
On 10/01/2011 Gavo wrote:
>Ill just add my 2 cents that the weather prediction for Saturday was 37degC
>and windy, and Sunday 32 and rain.. that was at 7am saturday morning...
>
>had 2 awesome days of climbing, temp didnt seem to go above high 20's
>on Sat, and no more than 30 on sunday but no rain... bit windy but not
>too bad..
>
>Anyway, weather wasnt too accurate.

Were you in Dreadnought gully on Saturday???? It definately got well over 30, and only down to 20 on Friday night, cloudy and muggy, but a cool change came in late Sat arvo. Sunday turned out to be 25, got a few showers mid arvo, but nothing to stop climbing.

Gavo
10-Jan-2011
11:32:20 AM
To be honest I headed to the Grampians on Saturday because we were trying to escape the heat, but I sat in the sun for plenty of it and really didnt feel hot... warm yeah but not that hot?

Do you think it reached the high they predicted? When that cool change came through I was outright cold in it, but I was pretty much back at Araps by then.

Sunday was just perrrrfect weather, nothing like they predicted I thought... best day out in ages.
Wendy
10-Jan-2011
11:34:01 AM
The Gramps were probably cooler - I spent Thurs/Fri at Bundaleer for the same reasons, and it was perfect. Sat was well hot and sweaty before the change.

Gavo
10-Jan-2011
11:39:17 AM
I might have been paying too much attention to the climbing and snobbed the weather then :)

I just checked weatherzone and your right, got to almost 35 on Sat... So Ill head to the gramps when I can when its hot now because no way did it feel that hot there!

Hope the OP gets some clear days though, and me for the coming weekend.

shortman
10-Jan-2011
7:10:57 PM
horsham and the grampians were soaked this morning, and the radar showed it floating over natimuk way. The rain is coming in really heavy downpours around the whole region. I woke up with 3 inches of water around my tent this morning. However i was 25kms from mt arapiles...
Wendy
10-Jan-2011
7:13:27 PM
On 10/01/2011 shortman wrote:
>horsham and the grampians were soaked this morning, and the radar showed
>it floating over natimuk way. The rain is coming in really heavy downpours
>around the whole region. I woke up with 3 inches of water around my tent
>this morning. However i was 25kms from mt arapiles...
>

Where were you? This weather is so patchy, not a drop in Nati all day but 83mm in Warracknabeal.

Gavo
10-Jan-2011
7:19:44 PM
On 10/01/2011 shortman wrote:
>horsham and the grampians were soaked this morning, and the radar showed
>it floating over natimuk way. The rain is coming in really heavy downpours
>around the whole region. I woke up with 3 inches of water around my tent
>this morning. However i was 25kms from mt arapiles...
>

Same thing 100km south... nice easy weather then massive amounts of rain through the day.

shortman
10-Jan-2011
7:36:09 PM
On 10/01/2011 Wendy wrote
>Where were you? This weather is so patchy, not a drop in Nati all day but 83mm in Warracknabeal

wimmera lakes caravan park....sleeping soundly till the rain came at 4am....
kieranl
10-Jan-2011
10:16:43 PM
Weather good enough to meet up with Noddy after work and do a good 30 metre new route. Great evening but really muggy and mosquitoes evil.
Sturge
11-Jan-2011
1:37:39 AM
I was at the Mt. today.
A bit of drizzle until 8:30 this morn and then it stayed overcast all day, clearing a little after 4pm. Apart from the hoards of mozzies, there was no problems climbing all day. That said, there seemed to be a bit of heavy cloud rolling in from Adelaide way when we were driving back.
kieranl
12-Jan-2011
8:49:18 AM
Wet,wet,wet.
Natimuk CBD is a lake.
jacq
12-Jan-2011
9:06:37 AM
Just saw the abc news about Nati: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/01/12/3110991.htm?section=justin

Hope everyone is ok!
Godless
12-Jan-2011
9:35:08 AM
In my day, a sandbag was when you convinced someone to do something really scary.
Wendy
12-Jan-2011
12:14:24 PM
Here we go again ... flooding higher than December and still rising ... didn't even get a chance to grab my camera as I ran out the door this morning, so no photos.
widewetandslippery
12-Jan-2011
12:20:30 PM
Wendy I think it was in the evanb vs tonyb pissing match you talked about how bad laser leveling of paddocks was for the river. How does level paddocks effect runnoff in flood. Just interested. I was last at Nati lake less than a year ago and it was a cricket pitch. Do you know if a water source is wet or dry as concrete whether that effects the flooding process?

Page 1 of 4. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 71
There are 71 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints