Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 24
Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Eastern Albury Quarry (General) (General)  

Author
McFarlanes Hill climbing

macey
3-Dec-2010
2:44:03 PM
I'm putting this in "general discussion" because for some reason I can't seem to add a new post to the "crag and route beta" section. Anyway, I've recently put up a new route in the 'Dairy' section of the McFarlanes Hill climbing area in West Wodonga. "Love is Life"is a 12m (approx) grade 14 which takes the centre of the obvious slab situated approximately 25m diagonally downhill and left from the large overhanging boulder that is home to "Where Bovines Fear to Tread". This new route passes 3 FH's to the anchors and is a good little introduction to lead sport climbing. FA: Ben Mace and Andy Schmutter Sept 2010.

Paulie
4-Dec-2010
9:03:07 PM
nice one mate, that'd be a great introduction to slab climbing.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
4-Dec-2010
9:32:52 PM
>introduction

Three bolts in 12m? ~> Bah humbug.
It is granite, so it is either crack or slab, ... or maybe thuggish bouldering for the powerful types.
Whatchagonnaputupongritmate?☺
Heh, heh, heh.

Seriously, it is good to see that you are out and about on rock, even if it is in obscure locations!
BA
5-Dec-2010
12:22:44 PM
I've already done a copy and paste and put it in the East Vic file, ready for the next edition.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
5-Dec-2010
8:18:30 PM
On 5/12/2010 BA wrote:
>I've already done a copy and paste and put it in the East Vic file, ready
>for the next edition.

When might that be coming out BA?
... As I have a few things to send to you for it. ~> Will a PM suffice, or should I send to an addy with the VCC?

gordoste
6-Dec-2010
10:34:01 AM
I did heaps of work on Felltimber (nobody calls it McFarlanes Hill) on thecrag.com a couple of weeks ago including photo topos.

I'll add this once I take a photo of it.
BA
6-Dec-2010
12:18:48 PM
On 5/12/2010 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:

>When might that be coming out BA?

Not for a year or two.

>... As I have a few things to send to you for it. ~> Will a PM suffice,
>or should I send to an addy with the VCC?

Both would be better, I still get a hard copy of Argus ... :-p

gordoste
6-Dec-2010
1:08:43 PM
Yes there are a few V5s and V6s around - I haven't done them myself. There are also a few projects of unknown difficulty.

Paulie
6-Dec-2010
7:31:26 PM
On 6/12/2010 gordoste wrote:
>I did heaps of work on Felltimber (nobody calls it McFarlanes Hill) on
>thecrag.com a couple of weeks ago including photo topos.

Add a link to the site Gordo

Paulie
6-Dec-2010
7:32:35 PM
On 6/12/2010 gordoste wrote:
>There are also a few projects of unknown difficulty.

They're friggen hard...V8+ ...which is why they remain unclimbed...

gordoste
7-Dec-2010
9:58:19 AM
Felltimber on thecrag.com
BA
7-Dec-2010
1:44:27 PM
On 6/12/2010 Paulie wrote:

>Add a link to the site Gordo

I am very tempted to leave Felltimber out of the guide now ... that's a pretty good guide to the area. Maybe just have a general rave about the bouldering and point people at thecrag.com. Does that sound OK?
dalai
7-Dec-2010
3:11:04 PM
No, found it painful to go to each topo then back out again to navigate to the next topo... Unless there is a better way the site is designed to navigate between topo pages?
dalai
7-Dec-2010
3:27:26 PM
Thanks.

gordoste
7-Dec-2010
4:32:05 PM
On 7/12/2010 BA wrote:
>On 6/12/2010 Paulie wrote:
>
>>Add a link to the site Gordo
>
>I am very tempted to leave Felltimber out of the guide now ... that's
>a pretty good guide to the area. Maybe just have a general rave about the
>bouldering and point people at thecrag.com. Does that sound OK?

Fine with me. I do still need to go and take a couple more photos as some of the ones I took didn't work out.

Paulie
7-Dec-2010
9:18:32 PM
Good job on the topo Gordo! BA, leave it in the next guide...most ppl I know still prefer hard copy guide books :)

gordoste
8-Dec-2010
2:04:40 PM
Also a book can actually be taken to the crag. Even if you have thecrag.com at the crag I don't think it would look very good on a small screen. Has anyone tested thecrag.com on a smartphone?

ambyeok
8-Dec-2010
2:27:58 PM
I only have an iPhone. Does anyone have a smart phone who can test this?

climbau
8-Dec-2010
3:32:48 PM
I tried using iphone access to Grampians crags earlier in the year and found screen size an issue. Would be ok if you took ipad to the crag.

climbau
8-Dec-2010
3:36:16 PM
Good work on the topos Gordo.

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 24
There are 24 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints