Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
All NSW (General) (General) (General)  

Author
Mt Hay Road - gate locked
dfinnecy
20-Mar-2010
7:06:22 PM
Well,.. after a temporary retirement from climbing due to the birth of my kiddo I thought an ascent of Margarine Ridge would be just the ticket. So, wife is appeased and has given her blessing, early morning start is locked in and executed, drive out of Leura, ...

Doh. Gate is locked 15km from the Mt Hay parking lot.

Does anyone know why the gate is locked and when it might open again? Some dude on a mountain bike we talked to said you can check the status or all the roads online somewhere but I havn't been able to find it.
mikllaw
20-Mar-2010
10:19:36 PM
congratulations
I don't know

timfreddo
21-Mar-2010
6:01:26 PM
Road washout, closed by Nat Parks til they get around to fixing it. Give them lots of calls to get them to get a move on, only 1 more week of daylight savings and favourable margarine ridge conditions...
otherwise get on ya bike...

aarond
1-Apr-2010
4:27:16 PM
anyone know if the gate is unlocked yet?
was gonna get out there tomorrow, dont feel like walking or riding.

kuu
1-Apr-2010
4:34:57 PM
On 1/04/2010 aarond wrote:
>anyone know if the gate is unlocked yet?
>was gonna get out there tomorrow, dont feel like walking or riding.

Don't think there's much point going out tomorrow (Good Friday) unless you're prepared to walk or cycle.

Go to the Park webpage: http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/NationalParks/parkHome.aspx?id=N0

Click on the bright red button labelled "Fires, floods and closures"

aarond
1-Apr-2010
4:38:55 PM
argh!
do you know where they gate is they lock? to climb tom thumb??
oh well maybe somewhere else i guess... :-(

climbau
1-Apr-2010
10:12:57 PM
Gate was open last Sunday.
superk
3-Apr-2010
7:50:51 AM
i asked the parks guys they said its open on the weekend but only for serious 4wds not even subarus

kuu
3-Apr-2010
8:17:59 AM
On 3/04/2010 superk wrote:
>i asked the parks guys they said its open on the weekend but only for serious
>4wds not even subarus

You actually contacted the land managers to ascertain the situation? How radical !! ;-)
SummitSlag
3-Apr-2010
12:58:32 PM
When ever was a subaru a serious 4WD.

garbie
4-Apr-2010
6:42:58 AM
On 3/04/2010 superk wrote:
>i asked the parks guys they said its open on the weekend but only for serious
>4wds not even subarus

we got a nissan pulsar out there, its not too bad at all...

evanbb
7-May-2010
11:47:06 AM
Is the current beta here still true? Thinking of heading out there this WE.

Phil S
17-May-2010
2:43:51 PM
How did you go Evan? Access to The Fortress track OK?

Incidently, I did Bluebird (Pulpit Rock, directly opposite The Fortress 100m, 17) yesterday. The second and third pitches are great. Think you'd enjoy it.

evanbb
17-May-2010
3:00:04 PM
Didn't make it. Cheers though Phil.

We ended up getting roaring drunk in Glenbrook NP and crashing around at night looking for owls.

There are 14 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints