Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - For Sale

Buy and Sell Used Climbing Gear Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
COMPLETE INDOOR CLIMBING WALL AND EQUIPMENT $8K
Rubes
4-Oct-2010
4:58:32 PM
*****HI EVERYONE*****
I'm relisting this gear as the previous buyer pulled out of the sale.
I'd prefer to sell it as a lot.
Cheers

INDOOR CLIMBING WALL AND EQUIPMENT FOR SALE

Climbing wall was setup in an existing Squash Court size area to height of 6m.(approx 9.6m x 6.2m)
List of included equipment
:- Complete Wall Panels (19mm plywood, pre-drilled, inc. T nuts) and Timber Trusses include Terrace/Overhang/Incline/Decline/Layback and Flat walls(see photo’s)
:- 22 x Harness Fully adjustable (manufacture- Wild Stuff)
:- 13 x Roped climbs
:- 13 x Slings - Fully Adjustable (manufacture Wildstuff)
:- 13 x Screwgate Steel karabiners
:- 13 x Captive Eye Caribiners
:- 13 x SBG Belay Devices
:- 6 x Steel Bar Top Anchor Points
:- 6 x Steel Pulley Top Anchor Points
:- Approx 55sqm metres of Rubber Matting (18mm)
:- 100 x Additonal Bolts for fixing hand holds to walls (In addition to existing in-use walls)
:- 100 x Extra T nuts
:- 2 x T Wrench for fastening holds
:- 2 x Custom Built Bolders (see photo’s)
All rock holds currently on walls + additional 12 crates of rock holds (colours include, Blue, Black, Red, Purple, Green, Orange, Yellow grades of differing difficulties)

The wall has been dismantled by seller and labelled to enable easier installation.

Wall and equipment is located in Warrnambool Vic. (End of the Great Ocean Rd)

I purchased this wall from a health club in Sydney and then had it trucked down to Warrnambool with a view to setting it up as a small business. Unfortunately, due to unavoidable life changes, I cannot go through with my little business venture. Now I'm just trying to make some of my money back.

I've had the wall/trusses/equipment/etc assessed by Flashpoint Sports (Bendigo).
They have prepared a report for me stating that the wall is suitable and will pass the new standards. Of course, this report will be included with the sale. The only part of the gear that doesn't meet the new standards is the 18mm rubber matting impact flooring. It would need additional components to bring it up to a suitable fall height standard. (If it's to be run as a commercial entity. If it's for private use only, this flooring would be fine)

So that's about it...
Some great gear for sale. An excellent opportunity for anyone wishing to start an indoor climbing gym. Also handy for any existing gyms that are planning on extending. Great for anyone wanting to build their own climbing wall at home too.
If I had all the money in the world I'd be keeping this. Would be awesome to remodel my loungeroom with it!

Original cost to build over $55,000
I'm chasing a quick sale with a low starting price of $8,000 but am also open to offers. I really need to sell it.

Call me if you prefer: 0408 219 131
Cheers

One Day Hero
6-Oct-2010
7:52:34 PM
Wow, that looks like the shittest climbing gym in history, why do people build these sort of things? Too high to boulder, too short to bother putting a harness on, too much vertical wall to get fit, too few holds to do anything with and too small a space to not be stinky and claustrophobic.

The idea that someone spent 55 grand setting up this chunk of crap brings tears to my eyes.
Hugh
6-Oct-2010
8:02:17 PM
Lol odh.. I'ed use it as a woody ;-)
dalai
6-Oct-2010
10:41:43 PM
On 6/10/2010 One Day Hero wrote:
>Wow, that looks like the shittest climbing gym in history, why do people
>build these sort of things? Too high to boulder, too short to bother putting
>a harness on, too much vertical wall to get fit, too few holds to do anything
>with and too small a space to not be stinky and claustrophobic.

Perhaps with most people not being as legendary as you OHD they might find it high enough when starting out, as well as steep enough etc...

Maybe not the latest and highest, but gym's like this didn't stop people from finding ways to train on walls this small in the past.

cruze
7-Oct-2010
8:58:30 AM
If I am not mistaken it looks like the old Summer Hill SICG?? The third room/court?

It has been a while and I might be wrong.

In any event it actually wasn't that bad a place to climb. Yes, nowhere near as tall as most gyms nowadays, but a great vibe meant that it was a great place to go. Some modern gyms offering much more in terms of climbing offer far less in terms of enjoyment.
One Day Hero
7-Oct-2010
12:56:27 PM
On 6/10/2010 dalai wrote:
>Perhaps with most people not being as legendary as you OHD they might
>find it high enough when starting out, as well as steep enough etc...
>
>Maybe not the latest and highest, but gym's like this didn't stop people
>from finding ways to train on walls this small in the past.

I reckon you're missing the point. People did all sorts of sub optimal stuff in the past (climbing with weight belts, finger-snapping vert walls made of brick). You can defo get strong on wierd walls, but why bother when better options are now available?

4.5m bouldering walls (with lots of holds and big mats) are great for training, 15m roped walls (with lots of routes and textured panels) are great for training.

6m high, slippery, enclosed, cessy little caves are the worst of all worlds. An exellent demonstration that good intentions + lots of money + poor design = a whole lot of nothing!
One Day Hero
7-Oct-2010
1:01:42 PM
On 7/10/2010 davidn wrote:
>One Day Hero should be renamed to I Just Rip on Everything - Don't Mind
>Me.

I think I'll start my own column (thread). Might call it "I didn't get to go climbing this week and I'm cranky so here's a bunch of retard stuff I'll hang shit on as therapy!"

BTW, how is Booroomba going? Weather warm enough yet?

There are 7 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints