Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - For Sale

Buy and Sell Used Climbing Gear Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
NEW backpack for sale! NORTH FACE | PRIMERO 85L
tobal87
27-May-2010
11:32:37 PM
Brand New!

THE NORTH FACE : PRIMERO 85

FOR SALE $350 AUD
(RRP: $649.95 AUD | NZ Price: $699.95 NZD)

I'm selling this backpack because I accidentally bought 2 online, but i only need one ... so im trying to get my money back...

here's a description of the backpack if you're not familiar with it:

(More information can be found at:
http://www.thenorthface.com.au/secureshop/product.php?ProductID=609)

OVERVIEW:

Drawing upon years of pack design, The North Face gave the Primero 85 Backpack a unique back panel and frame system that provides both excellent support and flow-through venting. Both the back panel and waist-belt use injection molded EVA and perforated foam to allow top-notch ventilation for comfort in the hottest of conditions. The North Face's 7075 aluminum X-Radial suspension allows the Primero 85 Backpack to move fluidly with your body, yet still provide support for loads over 60lbs. Thanks to a large 5200cu inch volume and weather-resistant, durable fabrics, this pack easily holds and protects everything you need for a week in the wilderness. and ensures a cool, comfortable extended trek.

PRIMERO TECHNOLOGY:

The Primero series of packs from The North Faceฎ embodies virtually everything we have come to know about pack design and construction. It begins with X Radial™ suspension, which pivots to complement the body’s natural movements. From there, the back panel has been built from EVA injection-molded foam, the same durable and comfortable materials used in footwear. EVA essentially self-heals when it is cut or indented, quickly regaining its shape and continuity. Truly unique to the backpacking world, extensive testing shows that it functions superbly when left uncovered: airflow channels ventilate freely, it washes easily, and it will not absorb odors. Finally, a nearly invincible, high denier fabric and reinforced panels delivers ruggedness and weather resistance that will withstand backcountry abuse.

More information can be found at:
http://www.thenorthface.com.au/secureshop/product.php?ProductID=609

SPECIFICATIONS

* Size: Mens - Medium
Stnd
* Vol : [Medium] 5200 in3 (85 liters);

* Fit Range : [Medium] 16 in.-19 in. (41 cm-48 cm)
* Fabric : 630D Oxford nylon, PU coated 210D nylon ripstop dual-sided PU coating
Ext
* Vol : [Medium] 5800 in3 (95 liters);
* Dimensions : [Medium] 28 in. x 13ฝ in. x 10ผ in. (71 cm x 34 cm x 26 cm)

FEATURES

• State-of-the-art, multi-day pack for the serious outdoor enthusiast.
• X Radial frame
• Injection-molded EVA back panel with air flow channels
• Unique Dual Pivot hipbelt evenly spreads load
• Contoured E-VAP foam hipbelt
• 3-point hipbelt closure
• Adjustable torso length with interchangeable hipbelt
• E-VAP shoulder harness
• Load lifters with thumb loops
• Contoured cranial cavity
• Removable, floating lid with mesh pocket and key clip
• Hydration sleeve
• Side access to main body
• Trampoline sleeping bag divider
• Side and removable bottom compression
• Waterproof bottom and hood with welded construction
• Highly water-resistant pack body
• Lash point on hood
• Dual access stretch woven side water-bottle pockets
• Dual trekking-pole loops
• Front tool loop and daisy chain
• Zippered sleeping bag compartment
• Three side compression straps with integrated attachment buckles

If you need any more information about the product (description, pictures) just contact me and I'll be happy to help you.
(Chris 0421149639 | greco_cap@hotmail.com)
(location: West End, QLD, Australia)
fiend
28-May-2010
5:48:42 PM
On 27/05/2010 tobal87 wrote:
>Brand New!
>_____________________________________
>
>THE NORTH FACE : PRIMERO 85
>
>FOR SALE $350 AUD
>(RRP: $649.95 AUD | NZ Price: $699.95 NZD)

where are you getting this rrp dude? You got ripped off if that's what you paid for them.
>
Wollemi
28-May-2010
6:22:40 PM
On 28/05/2010 fiend wrote:
>
>where are you getting this rrp dude? You got ripped off if that's what you paid for them.
>>
And I thought this kind of 'I'm-better-than-you-'cos-I-got-a-better-deal-than-you-but-I'm-not-telling-you-how' mentality only existed over at the ski.com.au forums.
fiend
28-May-2010
7:01:28 PM
On 28/05/2010 Wollemi wrote:

>And I thought this kind of 'I'm-better-than-you-'cos-I-got-a-better-deal-than-you-but-I'm
>not-telling-you-how' mentality only existed over at the ski.com.au forums.
>
yeah i'm just asking where the guy was getting charged so much. was at a TNF training weekend in plas y brenin almost two years ago, we tested the primero range and it wasn't that expensive even then. maybe they've made revolutionary changes to it since then. i'll compare some stats. but that kind of money would probably be better spent on something like arcteryx Naos. Bombproof. There ain't no secret or science to shopping around. Even I can access the entire retail world with my fingertips right now and i'm propper rubbish on computers.
Wollemi
28-May-2010
7:18:50 PM
Makes sense - sorry for appearing harsh. Maybe the seller needed a pack in a hurry for a trip at short notice, and did not have the time to shop any further?

I just read a review for that Arcteryx Naos; I cannot imagine it being bombproof - wouldn't metal edged skis/crampons/ice tools/billys/burred lobes of cams/off-track walking through banksia scrub and scraping along coarse granite in constrictions wear at it, as with any other pack?
dmnz
28-May-2010
8:27:04 PM

>
>I just read a review for that Arcteryx Naos; I cannot imagine it being
>bombproof - wouldn't metal edged skis/crampons/ice tools/billys/burred
>lobes of cams/off-track walking through banksia scrub and scraping along
>coarse granite in constrictions wear at it, as with any other pack?

You reckon
fiend
28-May-2010
8:50:08 PM
we put a naos (already with a few good years and trips behind it) through it's paces last year, and i've got to say i was mightily impressed. Very tough indeed. Using it for crevasse rescue training (throwing a full one in and hauling it out time and time again), testing the roll top lid by jumping on it and trying to submerge it. all sorts of stuff. On days you're not climbing, they make a fine taboggan too! I think getting a crampon, ice screw, bulldog, or similar, to pierce or tear it would have to be a deliberate act, or at least done with force.
It must be said that i myself took along my trusty Podsac, which, while not waterproof, is a very tough piece of kit too.

having said all that, i apologize to the original author of this thread for diverting your topic, and i hope you can sell your pack. (and they are a very nice pack).
tobal87
30-May-2010
2:14:24 AM
Hi man,

well I bought it for a better price, but not cheap i gotta say... and I've checked in paddy palling and Northface Australian websites and that's how much they sell them for...

http://www.paddypallin.com.au/default.aspx?page=77&Group=59
http://www.thenorthface.c...roduct.php?ProductID=609

Is a great backpack... it has never been used.. totally brand new, I just want to get back what i paid for.

cheers
tobal87
30-May-2010
2:18:40 AM
>Makes sense - sorry for appearing harsh. Maybe the seller needed a pack
>in a hurry for a trip at short notice, and did not have the time to shop
>any further?
>

no worries! .. and yes, It was a last minute purchase... I was traveling in America and i bought it on the last day so I didn't have time to return it :S

There are 9 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints