Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - For Sale

Buy and Sell Used Climbing Gear Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Guide to Halls Gap

Mick
30-Jul-2004
2:08:20 PM
Hi

Does anyone have a copy of the guide (or know where to get one);

Rock Climbs of Halls Gap
and The Wonderland Range
Edited by Bill Andrews

Would love to get a copy, no idea what its worth but am willing to negotiate.

Mike

HM33
30-Jul-2004
2:28:22 PM
so you made the big move Mike. enjoying the new weather patterns?
joemor
30-Jul-2004
2:42:54 PM
vcc maby?

nmonteith
30-Jul-2004
2:58:02 PM
Sounds very old Mick. BA (Bill Andrews) is on this forum all the ime - hopefully he can let you know where to get one from. They woudl definatly be WAAY out of print. Steve - the weather is awesome down here - DURING THE FRIGGN WEEK - then it goes all nice and moist for the weekend.
WM
30-Jul-2004
3:31:51 PM
don't suppose the Rock Wonderland guide by Chris Baxter would do...

nmonteith
30-Jul-2004
3:35:28 PM
There is copies of Baxters Wonderland Range guide in Cliffhanger gym for $5.

Mick
30-Jul-2004
4:42:28 PM
Thanks, wasn’t sold on that guide exactly will have a look at Cliffhanger next time I am in Melbourne.

Yes Steve, made the big jump, they told me it been a drought down here for 8 years, but it hasn’t stopped raining since I arrived. Neil is right it rains mostly on the weekend, looking out the window I can see it starting to cloud over already!

Having said that I have heard the weather in the Blueys hasn’t been that flash either.
James
2-Aug-2004
8:53:41 PM
I bought that guide recently... it was either Bogong or Cliffhanger (can't remember which) but it was in a 'specials' bin. check out either of those 2 places & you might be in luck. the historical value is worth more than the $5 price (IMO).

jh
11-Aug-2004
11:37:09 AM
Hi mick
My climbing Partner has a copy, but it is quite old and out of date
Personally I use
Udated South-eastern Guide (Baxter)
Wonderland Guide (Baxter)
Selected Guide (Mentz and Tempest) for Watchtower

But it will be a while before it is dry enough use any of these guides

Mick
12-Aug-2004
8:37:48 AM
Yeah I bought a copy of the Wonderland Guide on the weekend, also checked out a couple of the local crags, certainly is alot of seepage around at the moment!

However, if you are looking for someone to climb with locally keep me in mind I am based in Halls Gap as of Friday week.

Cheers
Mike

jh
13-Aug-2004
8:03:21 AM
Welcome to the Gap, Mick
If today is any guide to the weather, it could be a long wet spring
But look forward to catching up sometime

Regards Joel

Mick
13-Aug-2004
9:07:51 AM
Thanks mate, much as I,d like to disagree, I think you might be right!

Mike

Mtnbear
11-Dec-2005
6:36:21 PM
Anyone know if this guide is out of print for sure?

Checked the VCC site and all it said was sold out.
Wouldn't mind getting my hands on one.

If this one is fit for a tombstone, is there any other guide that amalgamates the area's climbs(Halls Gap) into one book?
BA
12-Dec-2005
12:00:07 PM
The Wonderland Guide is well and truly sold out, several years ago in fact. Use the suggestions by jh above. If the VCC survives the financial cost of the new Buffalo guide (buy one the moment it is released) it may consider a new guide to the area.

mtnbear
13-Dec-2005
12:40:56 AM
Many Thanks BA

alrob
13-Dec-2005
5:17:41 PM
i stopped in at the eastern mountain centre in balwyn, which i drive past every day coming home from work, but never noticed it. i had a quick glance at the guides and found a whole lot of the old paper guides, including your halls gap guide BA. there was also kierans stapylton guide, plus some araps ones, and maybe another gramps guide that i can't remember. all black and white printed guides.

There are 16 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints