Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - For Sale

Buy and Sell Used Climbing Gear Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
4.6m System board - Free to a good home
boetie
14-Dec-2009
9:18:09 AM
If bouldering is making you strong but when you tie in you're still not making it past the
2nd bolt, this could be the Christmas gift you need.

Alternatively, if the kids need a way to climbing into the treehouse this could be useful
too!

I have a 4.6m system board, free to a good home. The board is designed to be 30
degrees overhanging. and has alternating large and small rungs.

PIck-up has to be by this Friday.

evanbb
14-Dec-2009
9:41:33 AM
Where might one pick this up from?
boetie
14-Dec-2009
9:52:35 AM
The board is currently located in Richnond, near the corner of Church and Bridge roads.

It's pretty heavy so I would suggest something more sturdy than roofracks.

ta!

wallwombat
14-Dec-2009
10:46:36 AM
I don't mean to be pedantic but that isn't a system board. That's a campus board.

System boards have sets of identical type holds going up them in matching pairs.

ado_m
14-Dec-2009
10:54:32 AM
Nice nice nice, I'd be up for getting this off you mate. Will PM you
dalai
14-Dec-2009
12:17:13 PM
On 14/12/2009 wallwombat wrote:
>I don't mean to be pedantic but that isn't a system board. That's a campus
>board.
>
>System boards have sets of identical type holds going up them in matching
>pairs.

I don't mean to pedantic WallWombat, but a campus board doesn't start at ground level and the rungs don't look like they are at the UIAA required 22cm distance apart. ;-)
boetie
14-Dec-2009
1:20:41 PM
Yeah, this design was developed by a mate a couple of years ago. The idea is to climb up
and down using your feet, and do 4 or 5 reps which will develop power endurance. You
can also campus on it, although it is not strictly a campus board (rungs are 30cm apart).

For lack of a better description, we call it a system board.

I find it really helps for improving route climbing fitness, especially if you already boulder.

wallwombat
14-Dec-2009
1:24:20 PM
On 14/12/2009 boetie wrote:
>For lack of a better description, we call it a system board.

OK . I can live with that.
dalai
14-Dec-2009
2:06:49 PM
You're too nice Wallwombat... I'd call it a training board. ;-)

Whatever you want to call it, the board will be a useful addition to whoever is lucky enough to get this.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
14-Dec-2009
2:18:53 PM
On 14/12/2009 dalai wrote:
>Whatever you want to call it, the board will be a useful addition to whoever
>is lucky enough to get this.

... unless they already have stuffed elbows or shoulders and don't want to aggravate their injuries.
;-)

ado_m
14-Dec-2009
5:11:08 PM
I am said lucky climber, many thanks to boetie. It is going to be properly installed in my backyard early January.

The opening ceremony will feature a bbq, stereo, beers and an open invite to anyone on chockstone who fancies dropping by to cut some laps.

Boetie has promised to open the games by one hand campus boarding up to the top, holding a flaming lambogini in the other to be skulled on hitting the top rung.

Rad.

(It is also going to be a nice addition to "Tropicana Bar", the jamacian/reggee theme speak-easy i'm establishing under the carport which is a homage to bob marley. Boetie has lifetime membership)

atreyudelacy
7-Jun-2011
8:17:07 PM
Looks like such a simple inexpensive design...

Thanks for the great idea!

There are 12 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints