Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - For Sale

Buy and Sell Used Climbing Gear Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Wanted: Second-Hand Holds / Opinions

realsaz
27-Feb-2009
9:56:57 PM
I have just built my first home woodie and I am looking to buy some secondhand holds if anyone has any to offer.

Otherwise, does anyone recommend a certain brand of holds over any other brand?

Cheers
devlin66
27-Feb-2009
10:13:19 PM
Just get whatever you can. Uncarved Block are a local brand as are a couple of others. Use blocks of timber for the simple shapes and if your lucky you can sometimes get some decent real rock and use that. Check out www.climbingholdreview.com for the low down on holds and features to look for.

Zebedee
27-Feb-2009
11:48:38 PM
Don't have any second hand holds but heaps of second hand opinions. Here's one coming now; Understood as a central consolodated power, managing and directing the various general interests of the society, all government is evil, and the parent of evil.
Does that help? Got loads of other secondhand opinions, some quite reasonably priced.

mattjr
28-Feb-2009
8:45:40 AM
Go see Christian at The Lactic Factory, they've been making them for a while now. Their holds were used in the recent spruce up at burnley and seem to be holding up well to heaps of traffic (no pun intended).
Pen
28-Feb-2009
10:04:39 PM
I have a small set of uncarved block holds on ebay atm, 5 big holds, slopers and jugs, search for uncarved block holds and they will be the only ones.
PDRM
1-Mar-2009
4:20:22 PM
On 27/02/2009 realsaz wrote:
>I have just built my first home woodie and I am looking to buy some secondhand
>holds if anyone has any to offer.
>
>Otherwise, does anyone recommend a certain brand of holds over any other
>brand?
>
>Cheers

I've got a sack of plastic holds I used to have up in our garage in Brisvegas but can't use in current house. Can't even remember how many. Mix of jugs, smalls, slopes and micros. PM me and we can talk.

.M
PDRM
2-Mar-2009
6:19:34 PM
To all those who PM'd me, here are the holds and T-bolts. No spiked washers but they're reasonably easy to buy (harder to get back out of the wood, which is why I don't have any). No idea about brand. Good conditions, all clean and not worn. 20+ of the buggers, various shapes and sizes.

Photobucket

.M

realsaz
2-Mar-2009
7:10:10 PM
I've PM'd you... totally keen

There are 8 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints