Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - For Sale

Buy and Sell Used Climbing Gear Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
INDOOR CLIMBING WALL AND EQUIPMENT FOR SALE $8K
Rubes
14-Jul-2008
5:38:05 PM
*****HI EVERYONE*****
I'm relisting this gear as the previous buyer pulled out of the sale.
I'd prefer to sell it as a lot.
Cheers

INDOOR CLIMBING WALL AND EQUIPMENT FOR SALE

Climbing wall was setup in an existing Squash Court size area to height of 6m.(approx 9.6m x 6.2m)
List of included equipment
:- Complete Wall Panels (19mm plywood, pre-drilled, inc. T nuts) and Timber Trusses include Terrace/Overhang/Incline/Decline/Layback and Flat walls(see photo’s)
:- 22 x Harness Fully adjustable (manufacture- Wild Stuff)
:- 13 x Roped climbs
:- 13 x Slings - Fully Adjustable (manufacture Wildstuff)
:- 13 x Screwgate Steel karabiners
:- 13 x Captive Eye Caribiners
:- 13 x SBG Belay Devices
:- 6 x Steel Bar Top Anchor Points
:- 6 x Steel Pulley Top Anchor Points
:- Approx 55sqm metres of Rubber Matting (18mm)
:- 100 x Additonal Bolts for fixing hand holds to walls (In addition to existing in-use walls)
:- 100 x Extra T nuts
:- 2 x T Wrench for fastening holds
:- 2 x Custom Built Bolders (see photo’s)
All rock holds currently on walls + additional 12 crates of rock holds (colours include, Blue, Black, Red, Purple, Green, Orange, Yellow grades of differing difficulties)

The wall has been dismantled by seller and labelled to enable easier installation.

Wall and equipment is located in Warrnambool Vic. (End of the Great Ocean Rd)

I purchased this wall from a health club in Sydney and then had it trucked down to Warrnambool with a view to setting it up as a small business. Unfortunately, due to unavoidable life changes, I cannot go through with my little business venture. Now I'm just trying to make some of my money back.

I've had the wall/trusses/equipment/etc assessed by Flashpoint Sports (Bendigo).
They have prepared a report for me stating that the wall is suitable and will pass the new standards. Of course, this report will be included with the sale. The only part of the gear that doesn't meet the new standards is the 18mm rubber matting impact flooring. It would need additional components to bring it up to a suitable fall height standard. (If it's to be run as a commercial entity. If it's for private use only, this flooring would be fine)

So that's about it...
Some great gear for sale. An excellent opportunity for anyone wishing to start an indoor climbing gym. Also handy for any existing gyms that are planning on extending. A great start for anyone wanting to build their own climbing wall at home too.
If I had all the money in the world I'd be keeping this. Would be awesome to remodel my loungeroom with it!

Original cost to build over $55,000
I'm chasing a quick sale with a low starting price of $8,000.

Call me if you prefer: 0408 219 131
Cheers

Capt_mulch
14-Jul-2008
5:49:28 PM
Please be gentle? With an indoor climbing wall like this? It's Open Season!!!!

muki
14-Jul-2008
8:44:54 PM
How much for the harnesses ?

RockHobbit
15-Jul-2008
11:18:18 AM
Ruben, check your private messages, cause I'd be for some holds!

Cheers

bluey
15-Jul-2008
12:19:59 PM
Crikey moses. Time to write my Xmas letters...

Dear Santa,

Please install this climbing wall in my backyard and provide Rubes with the $15K that I can't.

Thanking you in advance,

Blu
Rubes
15-Jul-2008
5:03:23 PM
Yeah Santa...if you could manage that it would really help...
Everyone's a winner!
I'm sure that Blu and I have been good kids....we deserve it. C'mon!
Pleeeeaaaassseee!!!

oyccos
16-Jul-2008
6:22:00 PM
Wow, after I win lotto on tuesday this is what my living room will look like. Coincidently it will also be the
only way to get to the dining room.

mattjr
16-Jul-2008
8:11:33 PM
Heya rubes if you ever consider selling some holds seperate to the entire package let me know
Rubes
17-Jul-2008
2:29:53 PM
Will let you kow if I decide to separate the gear mattjr. Cheers
Rubes
17-Jul-2008
2:31:47 PM
Heya oyccos. I hope you do win the lotto. If you do, can I come visit your new climbing lounge?

oyccos
18-Jul-2008
12:01:46 AM
No worries, it'll be like a home for lost climbers. I'll just chuck beer and chocolate through the door from
time to time to keep them happy. It'll be good for security too, climbers get really intense about having
their sleep or climbing disturbed. I'm sure word will spread after the first burglar is forcibly 'cammed' and
clipped in to a street light after trying to sneak in.

Sonic
18-Jul-2008
1:41:18 PM
Theres an idea for a business venture - climber security. Forget noisy drooling guard dogs, just put a climbing wall outside your property and let the climbers who gather round to train chase those annoying would-be robbers away! Pure Vanilla! Now to get the idea off the ground...........

RockHobbit
18-Jul-2008
2:09:40 PM
Oyccos may have something there. If the intruders manage to dislodge the plasma screen off the wall and knowing Oyccos it would be pretty well over pro'd, it means they'd have got past the Ninja Otters deployed around the parrimeter, a mean feat all by itself, and now would contend with disgruntled climbers pissed they can't watch touching the void any more! Climbers who have rope and lots of interesting metal devices...... I think they could devote a CSI episode about what could be achieved.
widewetandslippery
18-Jul-2008
2:14:14 PM
Now not to critisise thread drift but climbers as guards? Most climbers are softc--ks (the ones who now want to beat my arse know I'm not refering to you). Then again most bouncers, police, rangers, politicians are soft and they push people around so it may make sense.
Rubes
30-Sep-2008
5:05:45 PM
*****HI EVERYONE*****
I'm relisting this gear as the previous buyer may be pulling out of the sale.
I'd prefer to sell it as a lot.
Cheers

There are 15 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints