Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - For Sale

Buy and Sell Used Climbing Gear Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
WANTED - 2p Portaledge

Grecko21
3-Oct-2013
11:42:41 AM
Looking for a pre-loved portaledge or recommendations on where/what to buy....

Ben_E
3-Oct-2013
1:03:02 PM
I'm afraid I'm hanging onto mine, but I'm a big fan of the FISH double if you can either find a second hand one online or scrimp and save for a new one.

http://www.fishproducts.com/catalog/portaledges.html

I don't think it's quite as roomy as the BD and Metolius ones, but it seems plenty sturdy while being way lighter.

Good luck with your search.
Paul
6-Oct-2013
7:04:33 PM
I have a BD double which is very comfortable and quite stable, it is almost impossible to set up on your own if you don't have a ledge to stand on. The delux fly is great once setup but a pain to setup. If you don't need the extra size, I.e. if you are not tall the fish ledge might be a better choice for ease of setup. If you go the BD choose the simple fly not the delux as threading the spreader bar through the hole in the delux fly is a pain. Sewn internal daisy chains for sorting gear are usefull.

Miguel75
6-Oct-2013
9:43:42 PM
On 6/10/2013 Paul wrote:
>I have a BD double which is very comfortable and quite stable, it is almost
>impossible to set up on your own if you don't have a ledge to stand on.
>The delux fly is great once setup but a pain to setup...SNIP...

I have the BD cliff cabana and found it tricky to set up though have since stumbled upon a great trick utilizing a hero loop. It made all the difference and I can now set it up alone relatively quickly, depending on the wind:

http://www.chockstone.org/Forum/Forum.asp?Action=Display&ForumID=6&MessageID=24738&Replies=3

I also have the deluxe fly and really like it. Like Paul said, it's tricky to set up though manageable with lots of practice before you get on a wall. My buddy and I spent a few hours hanging off the side of a cricket batting cage setting the ledge up. After 3-4 goes we were able to set the ledge up, both of us in a semi hanging stance, within 10 minutes.

huwj
7-Oct-2013
7:30:22 PM
I'm in the market and have done plenty of homework. If you're buying new the Runout Customs ledge seems to be one to get.

Miguel75
7-Oct-2013
7:57:20 PM
On 7/10/2013 huwj wrote:
>I'm in the market and have done plenty of homework. If you're buying new
>the Runout Customs ledge seems to be one to get.

Heck yeah. I've purchased some gear from them and Luke is a very easy person to work with. Shipping from the US might be a bit of fun...

IdratherbeclimbingM9
7-Oct-2013
9:00:34 PM
On 7/10/2013 huwj wrote:
>
I tried googling with no result.
Do you have a link?
Paul
7-Oct-2013
9:26:02 PM
I tried the tip for setting up the portaledge using a sling to hold it flat against the wall. It makes it a lot easier to set up the ledge by you're self.

On 7/10/2013 huwj wrote:
>

They look a bit on the short side, do they have a spreader bar in the middle to stop sag?
brendan
7-Oct-2013
9:27:16 PM
here are the links M9

http://runoutcustoms.com/Portaledges.html

http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Portaledge-Reviews/Runout-Customs-Double-Portaledge

sliamese
8-Oct-2013
4:42:24 AM
you should talk to garry, he's making awesome ones in hobart!! much lighter and IMO better than commercial ones. about 4kgs lighter than BD!

hangdoging(at)hotmail(DOT) com

IdratherbeclimbingM9
8-Oct-2013
9:31:29 PM
On 7/10/2013 brendan wrote:
>here are the links M9
>

Thanks for that.
~> It is interesting to see how things change/don't!
;-)

There are 11 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints