Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - For Sale

Buy and Sell Used Climbing Gear Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Petzl Quarks - adze and hammer (new) - SOLD

MP
5-Aug-2012
6:41:52 PM
Petzl Quark ice axes - pair - adze and hammer.
$350 plus shipping (~ $20 Aust Post Express, or zip if collect Adelaide region).
Current model: http://www.petzl.com/en/outdoor/ice-climbing-tools/quark
Brand new, never used.

Nothing wrong with these - excellent technical mountaineering and ice climbing tool - bought them deluding myself that they were a compromise on the more expensive Nomics I wanted and subsequently acquired.
td
5-Aug-2012
8:28:08 PM
Hey mate,

Call shotgun on these.

Keen to buy, but out in the field for work until tomorrow night. Will pm you then.

Tim

MP
5-Aug-2012
8:51:27 PM
OK - no probs.
Mike Bee
6-Aug-2012
6:27:02 PM
I have a pair of these, bloody awesome.
Not as nice as the Nomics for pure ice, but in the mountains, they rock the world.

If you're going to use them for mixed, get a set of the pick weights, and take the adze off.
If you can live without the adze for pure ice, do the same, the pick weights make them swing almost as nicely as a Nomic!

MP
7-Aug-2012
8:22:40 AM
Looks like these are SOLD to Tim at this stage.

Yep, as Mike's pointed out, the Quarks are a versatile tool with several modes due to modular options. I'd have kept them but for my Najas and a need too rationalise gear/spending. I didn't realise the new Nomics would take a hammer and adze when I grabbed the Quarks, so opted for the upgrade when I discovered they do. Swapping the weights for the adze/hammer the weight is essentially the same. Recently spent couple of weeks using the Nomics on WI in NZ. The swing is only slightly different, but you have the benefits of a hammer and adze when req., if that's what you want.

There are 5 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints