Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Black Diamond: SET of 8 "C4" Cams and 8 matching wire gates. Sizes .3 .4 .5 .75 1 2 3 & 4 and 8 anodised "neutrino" - wire gate karabiners.   $625.00
20% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Way OT: Save me from the streets

ambyeok
1/03/2011
5:31:26 PM
Guess what? I'm off to South Korea to get married. Before we descend into a hearty barrage of congratulatory best wishes you should realise that an unfortunate set of circumstances has left me homeless for the 6 weeks from 1st April to 20th May.

As such, I'm looking for a very cheap short-term place to stay in Melbourne. I'm clean and tidy, will be working those 6 weeks, and intend to live out of a backpack (ish). Hell, I'm even kind of a nice guy.

Yes, 6 weeks would be better spent (at very low cost) slumming at the mount but sadly I have to pay for the wedding.

PM me if you got some room under your woody (or elsewhere).

ambyeok
3/03/2011
4:11:07 PM
Seeing as I haven't had any bites and given how sad it is to see a thread with no repIies I now officially open this thread to sarcasm, piss-take, spray and vitreol. Fire away.
citationx
3/03/2011
4:34:43 PM
YOU. SUCK.
read that last part back to me
(YOU. SUCK.)
excellent!
rightarmbad
3/03/2011
4:38:40 PM
Why not just stay with your girl???

ambyeok
3/03/2011
4:40:40 PM
rightarmband: She's currently living in Korea.

citationx: Thats the spirit!
Wendy
3/03/2011
5:08:26 PM
Camp out under Burnley? It'll even be nice and private if it's still closed. Or there's probably a few other bridges you could settle under. In a salvos bin? Elope and spend those savings slumming at the mt?

Miguel75
3/03/2011
5:21:37 PM
Sorry to hear of your housing predicament, though very happy to hear of your upcoming nuptials. I wish i could help with a place to stay but I'm between houses too.

Best of luck for the big day.

shortman
3/03/2011
8:16:11 PM
sent ya a pm

marktheshark
3/03/2011
8:44:11 PM
Be careful with shortman his tall and scary..
simey
3/03/2011
10:35:03 PM
Getting married!? Why oh why? I hope it is a marriage of convenience arranged purely so you can hang out in each others country. Don't tell me it is to do with love. That is such a dubious reason to get married.

Given that it sounds like you are now committed to this unfortunate path, I hope it all goes well.

Gavo
3/03/2011
10:40:31 PM
Id leap at the perfect opportunity to move to the mount

salty crag
4/03/2011
8:33:48 AM
On 3/03/2011 Gavo wrote:
Id leap at the perfect opportunity to move to the mount
Gav, at some stage your going to have to scratch that itch and take the plunge or it will keep eating you although I'd really hate to see what you'd look like after three months or so slumming in the pines. The thread starts with "Way OT" so we can take this where we want.
Amb. sorry live way to far from Melb. to offer any assistance with accom. but congrats on upcomming wedding.

Gavo
4/03/2011
8:42:41 AM
Its coming Michael, the itch will be scratched. Also, I will go the pines for a while.

Its about money for me. If I had another job and was switching over Id absolutely go down, or if I lost this job I would as well. But cant go and get myself a bad reference and lose my only income to satisfy it for now. Eventually, but not yet. I f@#k my life up in a controlled manner!

Amby: go live at the Pines! A more perfect opportunity may never arise

ambyeok
4/03/2011
9:32:41 AM
I've never slummed the mount, 10 days was my longest stay. Sadly I gotta make some money to pay for the wedding, etc. Hope you can make it out there soon Gavo.

Sarah Gara
4/03/2011
6:13:58 PM
Congratulations.

Have you tried looking on couchsurfing? x
davidwebbiraq
11/03/2011
12:24:31 PM
Where are you working ? I live in Sunbury and may have a room. My parents are staying with me but I believe they are leabing prior to April.

ambyeok
11/03/2011
12:45:06 PM
Hi David, I work in Carlton.

Sent you a PM.
DanPerth
12/03/2011
11:53:32 PM
Jeez youre a good bloke Dave, have you consulted Nicole??

There are 18 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints