Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Lets make a deal?

blueskyblonde
4-Oct-2010
9:55:38 AM
Some of the great musicians such as Robert Johnson and arguably Dylan have been said that they sold their soul to the devil in exchange for great skill and talent.

So, i was just wondering if any rock climbers have ever marched down to the crossroads on a dark night, with rack, rope and shoes in hand and done any deals???

rodw
4-Oct-2010
10:32:02 AM
If I have, I was ripped off.
Godless
4-Oct-2010
10:35:06 AM
There is a great short story by John Long called the Devel' Wardrobe from an old Mountain magazine that explore that theme.

I sold my soul for $400 in 1984 to People magazine, but you know, I haven't missed it.

I tried to re-sell my soul on ebay but you're not allowed to sell body parts

If Mephistopheles is listening I'd sell my soul for a knee and a shoulder that worked.

E. Wells
1-Nov-2010
5:13:42 PM
oh yeah sure i did. It was one of those 'dark' nights, the devil looked alot like me, and the deal amounted to me giving it all my weed, tobaco, pills and booze, then the devil dissappeared.....the jerk.
hargs
1-Nov-2010
5:24:32 PM
Never mind the devil, Black Joe Lewis will eat your soul. Press play. Mind the lyrics if your sensibilities are delicate.

gremlin
5-Nov-2010
9:39:55 AM
Soul my soul twice now and both times got short changed...

That b@stard devil, she's one hell of a cruel b!tch!
widewetandslippery
5-Nov-2010
9:50:20 AM
? listen I'm told at 2yr old I had imaginary friends but devil and a soul from an adult? Straight jacket time.

gremlin
5-Nov-2010
10:35:41 AM
If you find yourself questioning your own sanity yr most probably sane... Crazy people think they're normal.
J.C.
5-Nov-2010
11:30:32 AM
the Dude is most definitely not sane.
widewetandslippery
5-Nov-2010
11:32:11 AM
How are the sheep in Bathurst Josh?

ajfclark
5-Nov-2010
11:33:29 AM
I love the way some spam did a little random thread necromancy to keep us entertained. Is that the first time spam has actually done something good?
J.C.
5-Nov-2010
1:26:33 PM
not as good as the uni girls that's for sure
widewetandslippery
5-Nov-2010
1:49:42 PM
J.C was that in reference to doing sheep or tins of spam?

rodw
5-Nov-2010
1:59:31 PM
Just be glad he dosnt go to canberra uni.....they are into different types of 4 legged animals down there.
widewetandslippery
5-Nov-2010
2:05:35 PM
Don't worry, I reckon claude would be happy to give Josh a reach around.

There are 15 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints