Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Squeeze Problems

Hendo
24-Aug-2010
3:32:24 PM
Your second ate too many pies and can’t fit through the squeeze chimney you just enjoyed. There is gear in there he can’t reach to unclip. How can chubby get out onto the face slab where he belongs and wait for the haul of shame? What can you do other than tie him off, descend the rope, giggle a bit, then unclip it yourself? Can anybody think of any simple tricks? This can be generalised to other situations where the second can’t unclip gear and can’t (perhaps physically or safely) re-tie in above the gear, blocking upward progress.
hargs
24-Aug-2010
3:46:24 PM
Wait.
egosan
24-Aug-2010
3:54:42 PM
Would this theoretical second have a name? We can all share the giggle if you share the name:)

pmonks
24-Aug-2010
4:10:00 PM
KY. Loads of it.

Hendo
24-Aug-2010
9:45:34 PM
On 24/08/2010 egosan wrote:
>Would this theoretical second have a name? We can all share the giggle
>if you share the name:)

It was all a bad dream unfortunately.
rolsen1
24-Aug-2010
10:27:16 PM
It's not me but I've been stuck before, more than 30 minutes to make 7 metres :)

I think you need to go through the full cycle of denial, anger, depression and acceptance. Once you've accepted that you're stuck and no one is going to rescue you - you'll find a way to eventually get out.
J.C.
25-Aug-2010
3:31:09 AM
you can ask aaron ralston all about that! at least he only had a paw caught, was easy to decide which bits to lop off!

pmonks
25-Aug-2010
6:04:26 AM
Whoever it was, did he poop while trying to get unstuck, while being filmed?

Hendo
25-Aug-2010
11:28:21 AM
One potential option would be to lower the other end of the rope to them.

shiltz
25-Aug-2010
12:04:40 PM
Pour some water down, it works with stuck cams sometimes.
Come back in the morning when its cooler and try to get them out again - this also works with gear sometimes.
Drop something heavy to help dislodge them.

With Winnie the Pooh they just had to wait until he lost enough weight to push him through the hole.

Sabu
25-Aug-2010
1:16:35 PM
Drop your pants and threaten to start dropping bombs. One way or another they'll move.

phil_nev
25-Aug-2010
1:25:59 PM
Not quite a aqueeze problem...
http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/127-hours/trailer

hangdog
25-Aug-2010
3:08:26 PM
:
>>Would this theoretical second have a name? We can all share the giggle
>>if you share the name:)
>
>It was all a bad dream unfortunately.

i dont think anyone knows the theoretical persons second name but he does climb with a 13kg rack of alloy exotica.
I know of others who had the same bad dream.
I think that same dream involved others doing vertical multipitch bushwalks and at least one fictitious figure bailed out on a dinner plated death traverse for the 2nd time.

climbertron
25-Aug-2010
3:45:11 PM
On 25/08/2010 hangdog wrote:
>:
>>>Would this theoretical second have a name? We can all share the giggle
>>>if you share the name:)
>>
>>It was all a bad dream unfortunately.
>
>i dont think anyone knows the theoretical persons second name but he does
>climb with a 13kg rack of alloy exotica.
>I know of others who had the same bad dream.
>I think that same dream involved others doing vertical multipitch bushwalks
>and at least one fictitious figure bailed out on a dinner plated death
>traverse for the 2nd time.

This sounds like something which happened at Narrowneck on sunday........

hangdog
25-Aug-2010
4:08:11 PM

>
>This sounds like something which happened at Narrowneck on sunday........
No that was reality, this is a dream and fiction
lfranklin
25-Aug-2010
7:03:15 PM
ROLSEN1 said:
"It's not me but I've been stuck before, more than 30 minutes to make 7 metres :)
I think you need to go through the full cycle of denial, anger, depression and acceptance. Once you've accepted that you're stuck and no one is going to rescue you - you'll find a way to eventually get out."

Now as i remember it, you got suck on anger for more than 30 mins.
I'm sure that there is some part of you left in that squeeze and not the bit that got you stuck either! What a trip!!!
rolsen1
26-Aug-2010
10:13:24 AM
On 25/08/2010 lfranklin wrote:
>ROLSEN1 said:
> "It's not me but I've been stuck before, more than 30 minutes to make
>7 metres :)
>I think you need to go through the full cycle of denial, anger, depression
>and acceptance. Once you've accepted that you're stuck and no one is going
>to rescue you - you'll find a way to eventually get out."
>
>Now as i remember it, you got suck on anger for more than 30 mins.
>I'm sure that there is some part of you left in that squeeze and not the
>bit that got you stuck either! What a trip!!!

I remember that we renamed the climb "outrageous incompetence" after your route finding ability :)

There are 17 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints