Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
THE OFFICIAL STOKED THREAD! 1-Dec-2009 At 7:40:39 PM jacq
Hey Blakey, Ma here. And no, I dont intend to give you anymore advice/grief.

It is hard for a mum to have her "baby" pursue a dangerous sport, although I think climbing is much safer than hooning aroung town with drunk mates in some kids car on a saturday night. Blake is and has been a careful climber and I have seldom seen a young man with more enthusiasm for a sport/activity/hobby, so i am very glad to help him pursue his passion.

Having said that, you just aren't going to die or get hurt when you are 16 - I dont think you can even imagine it at that age, so I "guide" when I can and I do rely and appreciate everyone on chockstone's advice and help with Blake's learning (Sorry to talk about you in the third person Stinky!)

I suspect the soloing idea came from the sense that this particular climb is not too steep and you could almost walk up it (and that is coming from a pretty ordinary climber like me). Of course you would really really hurt yourself (at least) if you fell all the same. Shitty slabby granite is damn hard to fall on! (I haven't come across too many soft rocks come to think of it...)

So coming from someone who has spent many years working with adolescents, I wish I knew how to encourage a healthy sense of "I might die/hurt myself" doing this... but I do know that the encouragement and positive messages that we get on Chockstone does help a lot.

Thanks everyone. Jacq. (Ma!)

There are 1984 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints