Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Lactic Factory Casual Bouldering Comp 2009

Rat Man
26-Aug-2009
9:43:37 PM
Hi all,
It's on again in 2009 but this time Flashed and Uncarved Block have joined in the party.

Our casual competition involves coming in for a normal session and giving the 3 comp problems a go, if you do any of them put you name on the leaderboard and put ticks against the problems you did. Come in the following week and do it again - easy.

The comp runs for 14 weeks, you can eliminate your 4 worst weeks from your score leaving a score out of 30. The person with the most ticks wins (Open and Intermediate Categories).

The first 3 problems go up this Friday (28th Aug), one easy, one moderate, one hard. They are valid for a week- after that, no points for ticking them.

Hope to see you in the gym for some fun
Christian

Rat Man
28-Aug-2009
7:05:10 PM
Okay it's begun.
Now there's a few things I'd like to clear up....
Firstly the $5 entry fee is a once only payment (at registration) that will get you in the running for prizes for the whole 14 weeks.
Secondly- there are no 'tick credits' so if you come in and try the problems and then pay - you have to do the problems again. This will only be an issue for the first few weeks.

And Lastly... I'm getting lots of people coming in and saying "I'm not good enough to compete" - the divisions read - Open and Intermediate. but the dividing grade is quite low to push more people into the open category. So really it should read Open and Beginners.
The idea of the comp is to motivate people into a regular training habit and also to give them the incentive to 'work' a problem. ie; try it more than once if you can't do it.

It's timed to get you nice and fit for summer and it's the easiest, least intimidating comp to participate in EVER (not a guarantee).

So If I've managed to sway anyone into competing, you've got till Thursday closing to complete the first weeks problems (unless you want to include this week as one of your worst 4 weeks edit list).

So far we've got 12 people signed up - that's good odds for a prize!
Christian

So

D.Lodge
28-Aug-2009
8:54:22 PM
I can back up that guarantee Christian, it is the easiest, least intimidating competition format ever. Go on people get involved, you never know you might like it.

There are 3 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints