Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Arapiles Recycling 9-Apr-2008 At 10:57:28 PM kezza
So the current situation is that there are general waste bins only.

Now all the recycling will be going into the general waste bins. Increasing the amount of waste. Increasing the amount that needs to be taken away. $$

Sure everyone can do their own recycling and there own organic waste, but who will?
It's just more waste the world has to deal with. The world is not expanding, but the amount of waste we produce is. Bins at Araps is doing a small part in reducing land fill. What's so bad about that?

I didn't suggest foreigners were a probelm, it was suggested earlier in the thread I was just addressing it.

Sure the gramps doesn't have bins. Who's to say that same system will work for arapiles?
Two different places will react differently to the same intervention.

Arapiles is being abused, there is rubbish all over the place. I found camp permits, bottles, tape, paper, wrappers etc etc on my way to the crags. If climbers can't pack it out from the crag to the camp, how will they manage to pack it out of the camp ground.
A general improvement in care for arapiles is necessary. But something has to happen, and I think no recycling is a major step backwards.

Kieran your pack it out options are viable and I would be happy to drop my recycling off at Nati (If it's still there), but I honestly can not see it working for the rest of the campers there in the long term.

I would like to know why Parks removed them in the first place.

There are 23 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints