Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Climbing for Charity

sarah
19-Mar-2008
9:48:02 AM
Im just going to put this out there and see how much interest there is, and to also get some opinions.

Recently at my work, I have been running a fundraising campaign for Malaria No More, a New York based organisation attempting to eradicate Malaria from the worst affected parts of Africa. I have been trying to think of other ways that I could raise more money and I thought about the possibility of running at boulder comp for charity.

I was thinking of something simple, either Burnley or maybe approaching Lactic and seeing if they are interested however Burnley could be a great atmosphere now the weather is getting a little milder. I would take suggestions as to which charity people would be interested in supporting maybe it would be a nice idea to support something local, i would suggest something to do with homeless youth etc. If anyone is interested or just has and questions or better ideas email s_e_osborne@hotmail.com or PM me

I know there are alot of people out there in the climbing community who are concerned with world issues and human rights and this is a great way for us to give something back doing something we love.

What do you think?

Sarah

phil_nev
19-Mar-2008
10:51:20 AM
Sounds like a great idea! Keep us posted on the plans...

westie
19-Mar-2008
11:21:30 AM
Hi sarah,

Great idea. And speaking of 'Plans' - I work at Plan - an international development agency working with some of the poorest communties in the world. If the event has interest I might be able to support it with goodies and promo space etc...

www.plan.org.au

check it out.

sarah
19-Mar-2008
11:26:46 AM
Great, that would be really awesome westie, I have been speaking to some of my freinds and i will try and organise a BBQ get together one night at burnley for anyone who is interested in helping out/haveing an opinion/bouldering while pretending to listen haha. i will keep you posted. I am thinking burnley for the comp though, i think the problems are a little more beginner freindly than lactic and i want it to be open to everyone not just the hardcore boudlerers.

Sabu
19-Mar-2008
1:12:07 PM
an event we've used on our school climbing wall to raise money is to have a fundraiser where the aim is to climb the height of Everest, this equals to X number of labs at X dollers per lap. same thing could be applied to burnly.

sarah
19-Mar-2008
1:32:21 PM
thats a cool idea, because i was actually wondering about if people were paying $5 for entry, what are they getting, it would be good to have an aim like that. Im going to be going to burnley on friday arvo i think ill have a look and see what is going to work. So would they get sponsered by someone or something?

sarah
19-Mar-2008
2:11:41 PM
I thought i would send out a post, to you let everyone know, i know its early day but i am going to go and boulder at burnley on friday around 10am - 12.00pm or there abouts, if anyone is keen to come and boulder and chat about the comp feel free to come and find me, ill be the one struggling on that damn green problem

IdratherbeclimbingM9
19-Mar-2008
2:19:56 PM
>I was thinking of something simple, either Burnley or maybe approaching Lactic and seeing if they are interested

Maybe you could approach Hardrock to sponsor a megaprize donation to Charity for whoever passes their test of completing their climb that includes the most spinners?

;-P

sarah
19-Mar-2008
2:24:54 PM
hahaha i like it, however i dont think i should approach hardrock for anything seeing as i just send them letter about their gym that wasnt entirely positive

Sarah
25-Mar-2008
9:27:55 AM
Hey Guys

I have put some ideas together however I have been informed that there are plans for Burnley in terms of resetting plans, which may make it dfficultt to hold a competition any time soon. I am actually leaving the country to move to NZ on the 30th April. I have alot of ideas and contacts, therefore if anyone is keen to take over the idea Im more than happy to help them out until I leave. I was planning to have the comp either on the w/e of the 26/27th April or the 3rd/4th May. I belive the Goat Fest is on that first w/e. Hope you all had a great easter break.

Sarah

There are 10 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints