11% 
hunted down to have his own nuts chopped 8
44% 

Author
Who else thinks this guy has to go ?

n00bwnk3r
26-May-2007
10:15:53 AM
I have just read that this clown is going to chop the Alis chains.
these chains have been in place since before I started climbing
17 years ago, they let novice climbers and more experienced leaders
return to ground level with out the stress or danger that would otherwise
be the case, I am in disbelief that nobody has called him out on this.

verticalfun
26-May-2007
10:46:15 AM
I agree, this persons comments are totally out of line, I joined the forum for info and chat with those that
share a love of climbing, not some idiot who wants to chop a historical and important access route.
If I catch you up there I will definitely do some chopping, your rope nooby

IloveRPs
26-May-2007
10:57:32 AM
I just looked up all the posts made by this "member" and have to say, it's all negative shit slinging,
I'm voting you off, my partner and I have used those chains often, usually after sunset in the dark on our
way back to camp, if I was comming down and found them gone? if the chains are choped I will do the
hunting! you arrogant SOB

greatredpointer
26-May-2007
11:03:33 AM
who does this guy think he is? we have had a lot of chopping problems down here in Tassie recently, and
nobody here is very happy about it, unless your name is gerry.
why does he want to chop stuff thats been around forever?

IloveRps
26-May-2007
11:13:24 AM
This snowball guy is also saying that he wants to chop Alis, same story just logs on to put shit on
everybody anonymously we should get rid of him too.
I might start a seperate poll for this prat, I'm sick of all the trolls on this site they just ruin it for those of
us that come here to listen to those that have somthing worthwhile to say, or trip reports and gear
reviews, not bitter twisted slanging, or choping our history down.
for fox sake
26-May-2007
12:02:15 PM
If he is going to chop them (and i agree he shouldn't) then the ethical thing is to ask permission from the person/s that installed them. Just like when rebolting/retro bolting a route.

Let's see if he dares to do this without getting a free trip to Horsham A & E ! !
snowballs
26-May-2007
1:10:08 PM
On 26/05/2007 IloveRps wrote:
>This snowball guy is also saying that he wants to chop Alis, same story
>just logs on to put shit on
>everybody anonymously we should get rid of him too.
>I might start a seperate poll for this prat, I'm sick of all the trolls
>on this site they just ruin it for those of
>us that come here to listen to those that have somthing worthwhile to
>say, or trip reports and gear
>reviews, not bitter twisted slanging, or choping our history down.

Allow me to start that poll for you.
PS. great idea using their login for this antitrolling eh.

Sabu
26-May-2007
3:24:36 PM
where does it say he's gonna chop the chains?
snowballs
26-May-2007
5:54:00 PM
noob:
>So I guess you'll have no idea who chops the bolts on your worthless routes at Araps then, not to
>mention that mess you created on Alis.
no balls:
>I also agree with n00bpwn3r's comments about the mess you made of Alis, please go fix it before
>someone just nchops it.
these worthless trolls, are just ruining it for every one, especially if they act on their threats to destroy a
route that alot of us use when we go to mount arapiles. I'm sick of putting up with this bullshit from them.

Sabu
26-May-2007
6:25:29 PM
im gonna be realistic here and call the bluff: i doubt anyone has the balls to chop something as important, needed, and iconic as the chains on alis.
Trolls don't act on anything they say because they only say things to get such reactions as this. his statement was clearly only to get back at bomber for muting him - an empty threat.

verticalfun
26-May-2007
8:41:44 PM
On 26/05/2007 Sabu wrote:
> his statement was clearly only to get back
>at bomber for muting him for muting him
well if saying that is to "get back at bomber for muting him" whats he going to say or yet worse do to us
for voicing our disaproval of his bad behavior, after all bomber simply ignored him, and this comment was
the result.
what will be next, a threat to chop all the bolts, steal our racks as we sleep in the pines, or worse?
this is unacceptable behavior from children, let alone adults, and yet sabu you defend them? are you
mates with these cretins? that seems to be the situation here, as now you've defended their actions
twice.

M10iswhereitsat.
26-May-2007
8:50:25 PM
On 26/05/2007 verticalfun wrote:
>steal our racks as we sleep in the pines, or worse?

LOL !

I nicked a heap of Carrigans carabiners, one wonderfully-moon-lit-night, AND pissed in his poridge bowl...his screams and curses could be heard from high on The Bluffs for many an hour the next morning:D

Sabu
26-May-2007
10:11:33 PM
On 26/05/2007 verticalfun wrote:
>On 26/05/2007 Sabu wrote:
>> his statement was clearly only to get back
>>at bomber for muting him for muting him
>well if saying that is to "get back at bomber for muting him" whats he
>going to say or yet worse do to us
>for voicing our disaproval of his bad behavior, after all bomber simply
>ignored him, and this comment was
>the result.
>what will be next, a threat to chop all the bolts, steal our racks as
>we sleep in the pines, or worse?
>this is unacceptable behavior from children, let alone adults, and yet
>sabu you defend them? are you
>mates with these cretins? that seems to be the situation here, as now
>you've defended their actions
>twice.
woa you gotta slow down there chuck...
i think you're overreacting.

Am i friends with them? no, i've never met them nor do i have any more idea of who they are.

You've just assumed that because i said 'lets think about this realistically' that im "in with them" that i'm just a troll like them..... riight, clever work there!

The point i was making is that such comments on an internet forum can easily be taken out of context blah blah blah, and while this might have been a relatively clear "threat" by no means is an annoymous post on an internet forum valid.

Quite simply no one knows who they are... they could be on the otherside of the world and you guys would be screaming that they're gonna chop bolts at araps tomoro. These polls are simply jumping to conclusions and besides kicking someone off the forum won't stop anyone from going out chopping anything if they were inclined to do so.

i agree that chopping etc without relevent consult is not acceptable i never said it wasn't and i would be concerned if actions escalated but i do not believe that this would be the case. do you really believe that noob (whoever he is) will come around and steal your rack in the middle of the night at araps just because you dissed him on a small internet forum????

As for snowball i don't believe he has hit the "troll" status at all, he merely agreed with an oppinion, you've made a generalisation based on very little fact.

Booting them off the forum via a poll is pretty pointless, if you really care and if enough people really care then the "vote off forum" button is just as effective. pm the moderators and so on but bare in mind that nothing will stop a new profile from being created and nothing on the computer will stop a person from going out and doing something.....

Sabu
26-May-2007
10:19:49 PM
hmm seems i've been had, considering all these guys have joined on the same day...

n00bpwn3r
26-May-2007
10:23:07 PM
On 26/05/2007 n00bwnk3r wrote:
>I have just read that this clown is going to chop the Alis chains.
>these chains have been in place since before I started climbing
>17 years ago.

If you had seen the chains 17 yrs ago and seen the new set up that replaced the originals (I had no problem with the original chains, just the dogs breakfast that was created when Bomber_n00b replaced them). If you want to climb the route now in it's original form (and yes it is a route not just an access to the Bluffs) you will find that foot holds and such are now covered buy lose links of chain.

You people obviously have no idea what your talking about if you think I was considering chopping the original chains (because they're not there), but all this shit makes me feal like chopping the retro rap station too.

Going to spend the next little while around Araps/Gramps area, got to have something to do on my rest days!

pat
28-May-2007
9:53:07 AM
Does anyone have a pic of the new setup in Alis. I'd like to see what all the fuss is about.

Organ Pipe
28-May-2007
10:46:28 AM
On 26/05/2007 n00bpwn3r wrote:
>...just the dogs breakfast that was created when Bomber_n00b replaced them). If you >want
>to climb the route now in it's original form (and yes it is a route not
>just an access to the Bluffs) you will find that foot holds and such are
>now covered buy lose links of chain.

Are you serious?
I used these chains the weekend before last and the setup is essentially the same as the original. BP can correct me if I'm missing something here, but prior to the replacement, the bolts, and the chain were quite rusted, and the link diamater quite thin in some places.

Since BP's renovations, the setup has new chain and new bolts but BP followed the original path of the chain, and hasn't seemed to have altered the overall feel.

And as for discarded link all over the place, I saw none!

MrsM10iswhereitsat.
6-Jun-2007
1:16:03 PM
On 26/05/2007 M10iswhereitsat. wrote:
>On 26/05/2007 verticalfun wrote:
>>steal our racks as we sleep in the pines, or worse?
>
>LOL !
>
>I nicked a heap of Carrigans carabiners, one wonderfully-moon-lit-night,
>AND pissed in his poridge bowl...his screams and curses could be heard
>from high on The Bluffs for many an hour the next morning:D
>
In all the years we have been married I never thought that you would stoop to such an act. I am very disappointed in you Derek and I expect you to apologise to Mr Carrigan ASAP.

There are 18 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints