Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Government Approved Destruction 10-Jan-2007 At 2:39:40 PM nmonteith
On my Xmas holidays i spent a few days in the Warrumbungles (a place i first visited 15 years ago).
To my horror I saw the vaste new trackworks beign created. I see NO reason why walkers need
handrails, paved ground and stairs on what used to be a nice wilderness area. I can undertand this sort
of development within a few minutes of a carpark - but 2 hours into a long hike it is plain riduclous! I
inspected the new track work on the breadknife area and was appalled at the destruction of trees and
rocks to create this highway. It also concerned me that the new walkway was made from wood, surely
this will just burn down in the next big fire? (very soon by the dryness of the area!). A plain simple
track was much nicer. I also noticed lunch rubbish and empy water containers from the construction
crews littering the area - even as far as 100m down the slope below the breadknife. It looked like they
were just throwing it away and hoping someone would clean it up later. What is the reason for the
extent of this track upgrade? This makes a few bolts seem very insignificant!

The photos below are more than 5km into the walk - a long way from civilization. We saw no-one else
in 3 days of hiking and climbing in the area. It does not appear to get much in the way of massive
traffic.

There are 55 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints