Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
CG Mountain BIke Tix
NEVERCLIMBED32
14-Mar-2006
7:45:11 PM
Hi guys.
I would love to bore you all with my tale of woe.
On this occassion however I'll get straight to the point.
I want ....... I need tix to the mountain biking so if you have some you don't think you will use (as if). Or maybe don't think you will go if the weather is crap ( a possibility..)Please oh please e-mail me and see if we can't come to some sort of arrangement.

I remain forever your most humble and obedient servant
NEVERCLIMBED32

(That should do it)
NEVERCLIMBED32
22-Mar-2006
4:07:07 PM
OK guys last chance to off load those spare tix.
Don't make me go commando.
Please
Dalai
24-Mar-2006
9:59:16 AM
Anthony. Did you go?

They were giving away additional tickets at the entrance!

Looked like a fun fast flowing course. Though maybe not technical enough to split the field up further during the racing.

NEVERCLIMBED32
24-Mar-2006
3:21:04 PM
It was AWESOME.
I had been stressing out about how to get in without a ticket for weeks and finally managed to pick one up 9.30am on the day............ and then only to see cops and volunteers with huge handfuls of tix to give away at the entrance. A bit of stuff up really. I know plenty didn't go cause they couldn't get their hands on one.
Course was really fast. Average speed of winner was +24km/hr. AWESOME
40km/hr off camber gravel singletrack on the downhill section is technical enough for me.
Now if only I can tix to the road race on Sunday……….
Dalai
24-Mar-2006
3:24:14 PM
On 24/03/2006 NEVERCLIMBED32 wrote:

Glad you made it! Great day to find some shade and watch the riders punish themselves!

>Now if only I can tix to the road race on Sunday……….

I will sell you mine...

Garrath
24-Mar-2006
3:48:49 PM
O A bit of stuff up really. I know plenty didn't go cause they couldn't get their hands on one.

I'm one who didn't bother coz no tickets, then spitting chips while watching on TV and looking at all the gaps in the crowd. Then to hear they where giving away tickets. Idiots!!!!

Chalk Free
24-Mar-2006
4:31:58 PM
The whole ticketing thing has been a F*$%k up. We didn't go for the same reason, missed out on tickets. Then looking at the TV, there were plenty of spots with no one there.

Went to the Aths on sunday to what was supposedly a sold out session, there must have been at least 10,000 seats empty.

My wife has been at the gym as a volunteer. She got given four tickets to last saturday's finals and has been offered tickets to other sports. All volunteers have been offered a ticket for the closing ceremony, not that I begrudge them that, just highlights that the organisers have been less than honest about the ticketing situation.

anyway I'll get off my soap box.

Rupert
24-Mar-2006
4:48:55 PM
Speaking of mountain biking: a friend asked me about the tracks at the youies. Does anyone know if there are any maps available of the various "official" tracks out the back there?
Dalai
24-Mar-2006
4:50:31 PM
You Yangs

http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/resources/05_1215.pdf

Lysterfield

http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/resources/05_1413.pdf (3MB)

Rupert
24-Mar-2006
5:48:11 PM
Perfect - I'll pass that on.
Thanks Martin

tmarsh
24-Mar-2006
5:52:29 PM
The You Yangs mountain biking is a lot like the climbing out there. ie shithouse.

Which is not to say that the developers didn't do a great job or that it's not backed by Parks Vic. A lot of work has gone into the place without a doubt. The problem lies in the soil. It's a really friable granite sand that seems to be made to erode. The 'easy' loop around the MTB area is one of the harder trails simply because so much of it has eroded away. If you do go there, try the intermediate trails. gnerally they are much more erosion-proof and enjoyable.

Lysterfield is in a whole 'nother league. If you like tight twisty trails in amongst the trees, then you will think you have died and gone to heaven. The Cth Games course is really atypical of what Lysterfied has to offer. Shame really.
Paul
25-Mar-2006
11:17:27 PM
While we are talking about mountain biking, hold that thought for a second.

You know those days when you need to get out of the house but can't be bothered or dont have the energy to go climbing.

Recently on one of these days some mates and I decided to do forward abseils down a cliff while riding a mountain bike, much fun was had by all.

This left us looking for a bigger cliff to do this from, looking for a slab which is about 30 degrees of vertical and 25-30m high and close to Albury. Any sugestions

Paul

oweng
26-Mar-2006
10:34:22 AM
I know its not close to Albury, but Eurobin Falls at Buff would be purfect! Of course, someone would have to second 'In for a Swim' or similar with a mountain bike strapped to their back, but hey all part of the adventure ;-)
Paul
26-Mar-2006
1:15:56 PM
Yeah it would, with that smooth rock I might try and get someone to give it a go on a skate board, might bring a video camerra to.

any ideas for easy access to the top of it?

Paul

tepas
26-Mar-2006
2:42:20 PM
Well it's a bit late to say it, and the thread seems to have gone to extreme downhill mountain biking, but...

you don't need tickets to see the road race today. Just go along. When I was there at the start of the mens race, there was heaps of good spots to be... I could almost smell the peleton go past!

Now if they'd just get the race back on the tv so I could watch the rest!

There are 15 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints