Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
NSW vs VIC ....here we go again

Romfrantic
3-Sep-2003
4:12:39 PM
It might come out as a broad generalisation, BUT can I just say, I'm very impressed with the sense of humour displayed in this forum....some of the NSW climbing/outdoor forums I often visit, are sooooooo dull (I can think of one in particular....the grass growing is more exciting to watch) and nowhere near as entertaining as this one :-) ....on ya Victorians!
dodgy
3-Sep-2003
4:27:45 PM
On 3/09/2003 Romfrantic wrote:
>It might come out as a broad generalisation, BUT can I just say, I'm very
>impressed with the sense of humour displayed in this forum....some of the
>NSW climbing/outdoor forums I often visit, are sooooooo dull (I can think
>of one in particular....the grass growing is more exciting to watch) and
>nowhere near as entertaining as this one :-) ....on ya Victorians!

It might be a result of the climbing style down here...
If it's not pissing down on us we're climbing on an RP and a prayer, so you might as well laugh about it.

HM33
3-Sep-2003
10:14:42 PM
your from sydney romfrantic why dont you get the ball rolling on the forum in question??

steve

Romfrantic
4-Sep-2003
9:03:21 AM
Oh I have Steve....I have....it is depressing when you see only yourself posting stuff for months and get no replies/contributions, even though there are 100s of views....they just don't care....anyway, I have more fun here :-)
Steve M
5-Sep-2003
12:41:03 PM
What forums are there in NSW anything like this. I have never been able to find anything like qurank or chockstone for nsw climbing.

Romfrantic
5-Sep-2003
1:21:39 PM
that's because there isn't one really, some of the uni clubs have forums on their websites but they're hopeless....nothing seems to ever happen on those...at least the ones I've checked out.
Steve M
5-Sep-2003
1:39:57 PM
I just visited the one on cragx but there is not much activity. If a site like climbing.com.au put a forum up I think it would get a lot more traffic.

Rupert
5-Sep-2003
1:44:50 PM
No offence intended - but who cares where any of us are posting from?

We all have a common illness called climbing which we can't seem to get rid of (not that many are trying) and we probably won't ever be able to properly explain the 'reason' behind it to those who don't climb. Welcome to the forums Romfrantic!

HM33
5-Sep-2003
2:07:01 PM
rebolting.com has a forum that has a reasonable amount of traffic for nsw. although has been slow for a while

steve

Romfrantic
5-Sep-2003
2:17:59 PM
Cheers, Rupert. Yeah who cares where we're all from. But for us here in NSW it is harder to make the cool gatherings of people "chocktone" is putting together for instance in VIC :-( .....and the humour here....the humour! a friend of mine here loved the remark made on RMIT uni...the masters degree in high altitude epic admin offered "there" ;-)))))

The Elk
5-Sep-2003
3:38:23 PM
Yeah, who cares?

We're all rock freaks of some shape or form..... and besides, we all know Vic is "The Place to be!"

em
Steve M
8-Sep-2003
8:50:33 AM
We may have the same affliction but my symptoms are different. My symptoms are trips to the Blueies and Nowra, with only rare Arapilesitous. It would be good to be able to hear from people who are suffering similar symptoms
mikl law
8-Sep-2003
12:19:39 PM
Sydney vs Melbourne, I'm a Melbourne refugeee, and would live there if I wasn't a climber.

If you dropped a neutron bomb on Sydney and moved everyone up from Mebourne it would vastly imporve both cities.

Melbournites are artier and more communicative. You can climb all year round in Sydney.
dodgy
8-Sep-2003
2:10:26 PM
H'mmm, getting philosophical now aren't we.
Here is the best description of the cultural divide I ever heard (thanks to 3RRR).

"Sydney is like the beautiful sister,
Melbourne is less attractive but has all the personality"

Rupert
8-Sep-2003
2:21:38 PM
That sums it up rather well.

mrsnuffy
8-Sep-2003
2:27:03 PM
BE ALERT NOT ALARMED

So when the Lucas heights reactor 'mysteriously' blows up next week, we'll all know that its just Dr Law doing some genetic improvement of the Australian climbing community ;-)

fruityarse
8-Sep-2003
2:41:29 PM
Odd how some things just never change....

Even here in Singapore, the VIC vs NSW is alive and well amongst many Aussie expats....

Go VIC of course! ; )~

IdratherbeclimbingM9
8-Sep-2003
4:49:36 PM
Living near the border is the best of both worlds.

(& it's good being close to Mt Buffalo too!)

There are 18 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints