HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Who really is Australias Strongest boulder???
RVA
10-Nov-2005
12:36:39 PM
Who really is Australia's Strongest Boulder???

Is it Chris Webb, Al Pryce, James Cassey or James Scarbourgh or some unknown local climber. Hopefully we find out at the Bouldering Nationals being held at Climb Fit Sydney on 26th November. I have $20 on Al Pryce to win, who do you think will be second for Australia strongest Man????

Super Saiyan
10-Nov-2005
1:10:26 PM
I'm putting my vote for James K as the strongest! That boy is a freak! Bloody nice lad too

gordoste
10-Nov-2005
1:39:41 PM
btw what's the deal with alan pryce? he wins a lot of comps but i don't seem to see his name in bouldering news, or in rock magazine... does he boulder/climb outside at all? or does he just not put up any new problems/routes?

rodw
10-Nov-2005
1:46:50 PM
Boulders lots, outside and very hard, does new and old stuff, just dosn't bother to get his name in the press.

Gunta Skirtpulla
10-Nov-2005
1:50:54 PM
Alan is one of the key developers of the new bouldering area in Bungonia (NSW).
Alan, James S & Chris all rate this place as the best hard bouldering spot in OZ.
He's also ticked most of the hard problems in Sydney.

On plastic, it could be anyone of these boys on the list BUT on rock currently
Chris W, Alan P and Sharik Walker are the main players. Plus you can't forget Garth
he put up a V13/14 late last year up in mountains at Cox's river.
Goodvibes
10-Nov-2005
1:59:58 PM
Who was it that said "If a competition climber sent it, it is not 8C" (V15). Methinks the strongest boulderer may not necessarily be found at a comp.

Garth would surely still be up there. I haven't heard much of Matt Wriggly or Sam Edwards for a while. Those guys are strong. Sharik Walker is up there as well.
RVA
10-Nov-2005
2:04:04 PM
I agree with you on all that, So who's going to win Chris, Al, Sharik, Lee Cossey???dont sit on the fence it hurts
Duncan
10-Nov-2005
2:34:44 PM
Sharik is strong. I was judging one of the problems at the NSW qualifier's and sharik walked up, and with the help of al pryce's beta got to a high point on his first shot. He decided that was good enough for him and left the problem alone. Only al pryce and chris did better, with chris sending it second shot (and this thing was HARD). I was very surprised sharik wasn't in the finals. Is he competing at nationals?

rodw
10-Nov-2005
2:37:09 PM
Im going with Al, cause he built my woodie and if he wins it means I get stronger automatically doesn't it???

There are 9 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints