HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
What does your user icon say about you? 28-Sep-2005 At 11:49:37 PM kerroxapithecus
The jack-in-th-box caught my attention because it was colourful, quirky, silly, funny, daggy, upside down and cute. To say I'm all of those things would be stretching it but I'm definitely daggy and very cute.....hoho

kerroxapithecus comes from my name Kerrin, Rocks and my fascination with the theory of evolution, particularly its relevance to humans and the evidence found that we infact evolved from other primates. One sample of this evidence is a skeleton of a small half human half other primate thing called Australopithecus Afarensis. They called it "Lucy" because the song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" was playing when it was found. Different species of Australopithecines have been found also.

Sorry you asked now aren't you...................

I got the idea to use the name when I went into the CragX website and there was a discussion about the origins of climbing and after some deliberation about whether it was when so an so climbed 100 years ago or 80 years ago they came to the conclusion that it was from the cave man running from the sabre tooth tiger but I thought it would have been way before that because "Lucy" would surely have been running too and she's a couple of million years old and cave man is more like home erectus living about 250,000 years ago. But seeing Lucy's not actually human that could be right actually but I think climbing began when the first fish grew legs and climbed over the rocks to land.

even more sorry you asked.....................if anyone got to the end here they deserve a medal.

There are 183 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints