Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Kangaroo Point

Chalk Free
7-Sep-2005
2:53:40 PM
Heading to Brisvegas in the holidays. Any suggestions of good routes to take my kids up. About 10-12 is their limit.

Thanks

manacubus
7-Sep-2005
3:00:32 PM
There are no standout routes at those grades. Perhaps By Ignorance (13) would be the only exception. Otherwise it's all pretty homogenous. You might just like to wander down to the middle section of the cliff and throw down a top rope.

brat
7-Sep-2005
3:22:30 PM
I think Date Anatomy (12) is the most user friendly at that grade, depends on their ape factor, a few of the lower grade KP climbs can be difficult for shorties!

DA's been recently bolted, there's it, a 14 and a 16 (all bolted) next to each other with a bloody big steel silhouette artwork thingy directly in front of it, as you look at DA , off to your left are a few lower grade climbs! :o)

nmonteith
7-Sep-2005
4:02:24 PM
By Ignorance (12) was always a fun route. A few easy ledge mantles then a little layback flake. Located
just right of Moonlight Fantasia/Cucumber Castle which is opposite the end of the carpark closet to South
Bank. (if that makes sense!)

mrbumble
7-Sep-2005
4:39:05 PM
The nursery cliffs might be worth a look too. I've never really spent much time there, but it's definately the most friendly section of the entire cliff

Sabu
7-Sep-2005
5:12:23 PM
yea im heading ther probably on the 26th of September for the afternoon/evening after spending the morning scouting urban climb for the comp.
is it true u can climb at night with the flood lights on?
dalai
7-Sep-2005
5:27:41 PM
On 7/09/2005 Sabu wrote:

>is it true u can climb at night with the flood lights on?

Yes, floodlit till the early hours of the morning.... Parking and free electric BBQ's at the base also.

Just remember due to the lighting, you will have to compensate for the shadows.

Sabu
7-Sep-2005
5:41:51 PM
cool!!! should be a good evening!!

dan
7-Sep-2005
5:47:54 PM
Cornflake crack is great, pretty average pro though.

There is a climb up the side of moonlight fantasia that I believe is a 12.

Grab the guidebook, it is pretty easy to read, ask a nice local up the top to point to the top rope setup points. It is an extreemly well traveled crag so most of the climbs are clean, sadly they edges on the popular routes are getting worn and smooth.

runnit
7-Sep-2005
5:59:25 PM
Crap is a fun little 14, really juggy.

There's a whole stack of short, easy climbs up top on the nursery cliffs too if you're after something specifically for the kids.
mockmockmock
7-Sep-2005
8:22:26 PM
I'd heard the lights don't go off now, the are on till almost daylight.

Ralph

neats
8-Sep-2005
7:50:41 AM
I'm pretty sure the lights stay on, I don't think there are lights at the nursery cliffs tho. But I recommend taking your kids there, nice easier shorter stuff.
anthonycuskelly
9-Sep-2005
9:25:51 AM
I'd agree with brat's recommendations, they'd be my pick of the routes to take them up.

Lights appear to stay on permanently now, but there aren't any at the nursery cliffs. I'd say that Date Anatomy and a couple of the easy routes near it are probably nicer than stuff at the nursery cliffs anyway.

Chalk Free
9-Sep-2005
4:51:12 PM
Thanks for the advice, that gives me plenty to look at. The kids are 8 and 10 so reach can be an issue for them, fortunately they are also light, so a winch is not out of the question.
Sounds like a BBQ lunch followed by an afternoon's climbing followed by dinner at southbank could be just the ticket.

There are 14 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints