tepas
12-Jan-2005
8:50:01 AM
Fantastic photo from AP:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050110/480/cadd10101102308

Goodvibes
12-Jan-2005
8:55:13 AM
Fu#$ you would have to be stoked to have that land in your back yard. Looks like it needs a bit of scrubbing though. Your own personal high ball from the safety of your own back yard, fantastic.

runnit
12-Jan-2005
9:19:21 AM
Even better if it landed on your drive way and you couldn't get to work because of it = )

shmalec
12-Jan-2005
2:40:56 PM
Struwth - how do you move something that heavy?

shaggy
12-Jan-2005
3:22:54 PM
Thats F#@king cool, would love to know how they move and dispose of that, it's not like they can just push it of the side of the road with the ute!

oweng
12-Jan-2005
3:33:55 PM
Looks like the perfect excuse to drag out the explosives to me! Sad to ruin such a nice boulder though....
Goodvibes
13-Jan-2005
7:58:23 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw some footage on the news last night of it being blasted. Such a shame. Fu#$ing wild storms over there though huh, what with the floods, mudslides and all.

shmalec
13-Jan-2005
12:04:55 PM
In LA at the moment. It hasn't really been that wild - they just don't understand the concept of drainage.

Not used to getting a week or two of rain. The place just fills up and things start to slide away.

And I thought I was going to sunny baywatch country. Thought I'd drive around with the top down and beach boys blairing..... :)
mikl law
13-Jan-2005
11:33:56 PM
Kim and I trundled a big boulder at Lugano in suburban Sydney, about the size of a mini, and it kept going 200m down through the bush and landed on the road (near the lugano slabs) where cars used to wait for the old ferry. fortunately there were no cars there at the time and the boulder blocked the road for 2 days.

shaggy
13-Jan-2005
11:59:41 PM
Sounds like respossible bouldering? he he he, if only you could have trained it to roll all the way back to your back yard.

cheesehead
14-Jan-2005
7:03:58 PM
On 12/01/2005 shmalec wrote:
>Struwth - how do you move something that heavy?

Looks like that big yellow crane is winding up to take a swing at it - pinball flipper style

Rupert
15-Jan-2005
10:58:08 AM
imagine rounding the bend with your Brittany CD on full bore and seeing that in your path. Brilliant.

There are 12 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints