Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Natimuk Climbing Museum.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
14-Feb-2020
12:14:18 PM
I noticed on a VCC upcoming trips post, a comment about the ‘recently opened Natimuk Climbing Museum’.

Being unaware of this until now I’m seeking further information so that I can possibly support it, due it being Australian based and my belief that our climbing heritage, young as it is by comparison to some others, is worth preserving.

Does the good Chocky readership have any further details?

In the past I have supported the Nuts Museum, though as a generalisation I’m not that keen about our ‘heritage’ going offshore...

Duang Daunk
14-Feb-2020
7:01:15 PM
On 14-Feb-2020 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>preserving.

Having long ago konkad kerchoo I heard that bro simey will be in it; but what I’m really looking forward to, is seeing truly ancient relics; I think they were called ring-bolts back in the day as excavated from Grampians NP on display there as part of our infamous heritage.
It’d be great, and right up there with Ned Kelly memorabilia I reckon, especially now that we’re all enlightened climbers.
kieranl
14-Feb-2020
7:59:18 PM
Well worth supporting it M9. The absolute highlight is Roland Pauligks workbench transplanted from its suburban home. A genuine piece of climbing history.
White Trash
15-Feb-2020
5:49:42 PM
On 14-Feb-2020 Duang Daunk wrote:
>especially now that we’re all enlightened climbers.

Does this mean that mikl's lycra tights are now collectors items?
mikllaw
17-Feb-2020
5:57:59 PM
They are a midden of filth and disease, but I do have some original povo 70 brand chalkbags, original RP nuts, and plastic hexes to donate.
dalai
17-Feb-2020
6:29:15 PM
On 17-Feb-2020 mikllaw wrote:
>They are a midden of filth and disease, but I do have some original povo
>70 brand chalkbags, original RP nuts, and plastic hexes to donate.

Some of your old home made fixed gear should be in the museum.

Inertia seat belt on Belt Up is very faded but still swinging in the breeze at Hanging Rock!

IdratherbeclimbingM9
18-Feb-2020
11:15:19 AM
On 17-Feb-2020 dalai wrote:
>Some of your old home made fixed gear should be in the museum.
>
>Inertia seat belt on Belt Up is very faded but still swinging in the breeze at Hanging Rock!

Yes, who would have thought at the time that such a device, obviously deployed as having passed inertia reel prototype stage, would have been a forerunner in modified form for the top piece of protection in climbing gyms decades later!
Heh, heh, heh.

I think I have now largely found the information I was after, after googling about the museum and reading articles in the Wimmera Mail Times, plus Brigitte Muir’s blog.
... Just need to follow up the contacts gained to find out more about what they want / could use; not only hardware but publications etc, as there’s no reason it couldn’t be a substantial repository of climbing literature too, if the Historical Society wants to go in that direction.

Eduardo Slabofvic
19-Feb-2020
9:08:03 PM
On 18-Feb-2020 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>... Just need to follow up the contacts gained to find out more about
>what they want / could use; not only hardware but publications etc, as
>there’s no reason it couldn’t be a substantial repository of climbing literature
>too, if the Historical Society wants to go in that direction.

I understand that Simey’s bed is in need of a new home

Chloe
20-Feb-2020
5:30:37 AM
On 19-Feb-2020 Eduardo Slabofvic wrote:
>I understand that Simey’s bed is in need of a new home

Another midden of filth and disease?

There are 9 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints