>Red Rock was listed in the 2003 plan as a SPZ (number 5). The same plan
>that states climbing isn't permitted in SPZs. Regardless of what VL and
>VCC aren't clarifying about where we can't and can climb, that management
>plan states it pretty plainly.
>
>2003 Park Management Plan
>
>It's pretty interesting finally forcing myself to read through all this
>stuff to actually find out where we (as climbers) sit in the whole situation.
>The more you read into it, the more it looks like climbers have just been
>left to disregard the rules to their hearts content and now that PV are
>starting to actually lay down the rules AND enforce them we're getting
>all huffy about it.
>
>It's pretty misleading though - I find it hard to believe that climbing
>guides have continued to be published over the last 16 years without PV
>putting their hand up saying something about the areas listed in them.......
>(read this as "I'm no angel, I've certainly contributed to this gleeful
>ignorance").

Someone more knowledgable could correct me, but I believe that not only did PV not enforce the SPZs, but they actually endorsed climbing-related development (trackworks) subsequent to this plan. I think everyone just assumed they would formally endorse climbing in these areas when they next got around to updating the PMP. Obviously, that's all up in the air now.

I don't think it's fair to expect climbing guidebooks to mention access issues that didn't exist until recently.

There are 204 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints