Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Country Road and bottles of wine 30-Mar-2016 At 12:18:07 AM PeterW
On 29/03/2016 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>PeterW, since you belayed Nic on the first ascent, was it you who took the photographs supplied?

Almost certainly not, although it was more than a few years ago now so I may not remember every detail! :-)
(If you're asking about the photos of the earlier attempt, it definitely wasn't me as I wasn't there.)

On our ascent there were other people taking photos from the opposite side of the gorge and/or the top, but not from on or under the route.

>Another question too if I may; It reads like the second pitch was put up before the first...
>Is this the case, or had you done the first earlier?

When Nic sand bagged me into belaying him, the story I got was that it had been tried previously but they couldn't do the roof. I don't think I realised how close they'd got. I led the first pitch, but I'm pretty sure I knew it had been done before. (Or perhaps I just assumed that was the only way to have gotten to the roof!)

I was reasonably good with cracks, but pretty bad with offwidths at the best of times, let alone through a roof. I had my trusty Jumars along so that when I eventually fell out of the roof, Nic tied off the rope and I jugged up to clean the rest of the route. I do remember it being one of the harder Jumar pitches I'd done because the rope was lying a metre or more deep inside the crack!

There are 7 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints