HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Prowess at Bow Wall - where is the U bolt?
SydneyBattler
17-Sep-2014
10:09:20 AM
A friend and I went to check out The Prowess last weekend at Bow Wall. We had decided to rap in because the access from the wave platform looked somewhat sketch. We followed the directions onto Oceanview Avenue and found the climb. However, when we started to look for the "ring and good thread in cave/fish-gutting area above the arete" (from Sydney Rockies) we couldnt find the ring.

I found what I thought was the thread but since there didnt appear to be any bolts around I was unsure if this was the right thread. I am sure we were in the right place because we walked around the corner and identified the route, but no metal to be found.

Has anyone done this route recently? Any hints where this phantom bolt is? I noticed it wasnt even on thecrag, wasupwithdat?

http://routes.sydneyrockies.org.au:8080/confluence/download/attachments/1310876/prowess1.JPG

Snacks
17-Sep-2014
11:16:28 AM
The rock fisherman's access is bomber. Monty didn't seem to mind it too much without shoes...
mikllaw
17-Sep-2014
11:51:11 AM
It's on the ground between the thread and the cliff edge above the climb (i.e. north) about 2m away from the thread. Probably covered with fish guts and drink cans.
Basically imagine where you'd put an anchor and it's pretty close to there.

Did you have the right thread?

In this shot it's a bit south of where the red rope is sitting coiled up at the top (note brushing holds on the way down, always a good seacliff habit).

This route is very hot in the mornings

You can always enter it on TheCrag if you're keen
SydneyBattler
17-Sep-2014
9:31:09 PM
Yeah Im reasonably sure I had the right thread, it looked just like in the photo. I couldnt find the u-bolt around it and I assumed it was somewhere close by for anchor building. There were fishermen there when I was looking around so perhaps they were hiding the bolt under their buckets. I will have another look next time.

Thanks, helpful as always mikl.

There are 4 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints