Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Climbing workshop Melbourne Sat 12 July 2014
Lee C
2-Jul-2014
12:28:33 PM
Hello!

Andrea Hah and I will be running a couple of climbing workshops at The Lactic Factory in a couple of weeks. We'll be covering a lot of stuff, both theoretical and practical, that relates to improving your climbing. The workshops aim to be fun, educational and relevant to all levels.

I'm happy to answer any questions here.

To book get in touch with The Lactic Factory - http://www.thelacticfactory.com.au/events/

Cheers,
Lee
TimP
2-Jul-2014
11:36:07 PM
Would love to learn good technique and training but "Performance Climbing" sounds like, well, performance climbing. Would I be out of place in the workshop being a climber of the lower grades?
Lee C
2-Jul-2014
11:45:15 PM
Hey Tim, not at all, we're expecting a good mix of levels! The 'performance' is meant more as a personal or relative thing. Cheers.
maxdacat
3-Jul-2014
9:26:13 AM
I think one of the best things i did for my climbing was to get some coaching with Neil Gresham for a week on Kalymnos so I would definitely recommend something like this for those looking to improve.
Dave_S
3-Jul-2014
10:21:02 AM
Hi Lee. What sort of topics will the course cover? It sounds like it will be much more focussed on sports physiology relating to climbing rather than climbing technique, is that correct? So things like how and when to train, how to avoid and deal with overuse injuries, etc?

Thanks.
Lee C
3-Jul-2014
6:36:43 PM
Hey Dave,

We're going to cover a range of topics we feel are most important for climbing, in a practical face-to-face workshop with a big picture approach.

Certainly a little bit of sports physiology as it forms the foundation of physical climbing parameters, but we feel this ties in directly to technique and movement efficiency. Then with this information, we'll provide practical strategies for increasing the potential to improve and make gains from what training and climbing time you do have (because we understand everyone is busy!).

There is limitless good information available online these days about physiology and training ideas but it's hard filtering through this information and knowing what is best for you as an individual participating in such a complex sport. It goes without saying that the best approach and set of exercises for one person may be completely wrong for the next. What we're aiming to provide is the opportunity for people to get an educational and fun insight into their climbing.

Hope that helps!

IdratherbeclimbingM9
5-Aug-2014
3:43:48 PM
How did it go? ... As I noticed it made 'upcoming events' status on Chocky...
~> Feedback would likely be good if there is ever another to be held? ;-)
TimP
5-Aug-2014
4:40:28 PM
Workshop was great. Lee and Andrea present very clear frameworks to analyse key aspects of climbing — based on their own considerable climbing talent, and solid backgrounds in physiology. Quite a lot to take in — I'm still processing the implications for how I climb, and how I think about improving. Helps me evaluate the fragments of climbing info I've picked up or habituated over the years.
Highly recommended.

There are 8 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints