Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Point Perpendicular update 5-May-2014 At 3:44:34 PM sbm
Was down again on saturday night/sunday and happy to see that the campsite payment issues we had at Honeymoon Bay seem to have been fixed. You can now pay at the gate when you leave late on Sunday night (the guard holds the envelopes for the ranger).

Campsite was EMPTY (huge and welcome contrast to summer) and the road is in much better condition (it's been graded but many of the deeper corrugations have remained as hidden potholes). Had to remind a few of the more "free-spirited" people in our group that you can't cheat the rangers here - they note your rego and how many people are in your car, and if they don't see you in the campsite they'll pull you up at the gate. If you want to save on camping then find somewhere outside the gate.

But the cliffs were as crowded as I've ever seen them. Almost a queue for Grey Mist and Man Overboard. The surf was huge and the salt spray was swirling in the wind. Awesome mood. People got on Tenerere, Windjammer, Walk The Plank among other stuff. Quite a few of our group went off to Bayside, and almost got blown away by howling westerlies. There were a lot of wide eyed looks and a few new converts in the carpark I think.

For me, I blew my first lead attempt at Grey Mist and decided to downclimb and rest on a small cam about 2/3rds of the way up instead of risking a fall onto it. I still find leading at the point incredibly challenging even a few grades below my limit. I later saw a less crack minded climber ignore the jamming crux at the final crack, and pull past on shallow sloping two finger pockets!

I guess I'll just have to climb here more.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints