matt-hume
2-Aug-2013
12:38:26 PM
Mt Arapiles Questions
Regarding the Environment
Matthew Hume
Year 12 Outdoor Education
Pulteney Grammar School, Adelaide, SA

In your opinion, what is the importance of Mt Arapiles/Tooan State Park, and why is it important to preserve the biodiversity of the area/park?

What are the negative affects of user groups that visit Mt Arapiles for whatever purpose?

In perspective, what are the positive affects of user groups that visit Mt Arapiles?

What is the important function(s) does the ‘Friends of Arapiles’ group serve?

What is your view on the toilet block(s) at Centenary Park campground?

If you could, what thing would you change about Mt Arapiles so it become more environmentally viable and provide a sustainable future for generations to come and enjoy rock climbing (and other recreational activities within the park)?
Mike Bee
2-Aug-2013
12:45:11 PM
Surely these questions are for you to answer based on your experience at Araps on the Pultney trip a few weeks ago. You were there, so do some remembering and thinking of your own and come up with some answers.

Cutting and pasting the questions in here is quite lazy, and liable to getting you in trouble with your teacher for plagarism.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
2-Aug-2013
12:54:41 PM
On 2/08/2013 matt-hume wrote:
>Mt Arapiles Questions
(snip)

Survey? ... or assignment??

If a genuine survey, then this site would give at least one perspective, and then someone else would likely disagree with it!
;-)
pcb
2-Aug-2013
1:05:39 PM

>What are the negative affects of user groups that visit Mt Arapiles for
>whatever purpose?
sadness, fear, depression

>In perspective, what are the positive affects of user groups that visit
>Mt Arapiles?
happiness, joy, excitement

ambyeok
2-Aug-2013
2:04:14 PM
Q. In your opinion, what is the importance of Mt Arapiles/Tooan State Park, and why is it important to preserve the biodiversity of the area/park?
A. It is a valuable rest area for miners working nearby.

Q. What are the negative affects of user groups that visit Mt Arapiles for whatever purpose?
A. NFI but you should probably review the grammar around "negative affects"

Q. In perspective, what are the positive affects of user groups that visit Mt Arapiles?
A. Large groups of visitors positively affect both the mood and sexual prospects of locals

Q. What is the important function(s) does the ‘Friends of Arapiles’ group serve?
A. Again NFI but really, honestly - did you pay attention in English class or were you popping your cuzzies prescription meds down the back?

Q. What is your view on the toilet block(s) at Centenary Park campground?
A. After 20 beers it is mostly seat rim.

Q. If you could, what thing would you change about Mt Arapiles so it become more environmentally viable and provide a sustainable future for generations to come and enjoy rock climbing (and other recreational activities within the park)?
A. Bolt the shit out of it. Seriously, this is my only serious answer.

Macciza
2-Aug-2013
2:06:37 PM
Wow, a bit harsh guys don't you think? if he had asked directly about climbing you would have helped him out ...

So here ya go mate . . .

>In your opinion, what is the importance of Mt Arapiles/Tooan State Park,
>and why is it important to preserve the biodiversity of the area/park?

It's got really great, world-class climbing and it is important to have trad, sport and boulderers all be able to climb together in piece and harmony, side by side on Arapiles cliffsides, so why can't we?

>What are the negative affects of user groups that visit Mt Arapiles for whatever purpose?

The most negative are probably the occasional family or school group that wants you be quiet and go to sleep, followed by the noisy trad climbers who clang past and wake you up at like 9 o'clock . . .

>In perspective, what are the positive affects of user groups that visit Mt Arapiles?

They maintain the tracks, and make new tracks; make climbs safer, and easier with extra bolts ands lower-offs etc, chalk up the holds and add tick-marks, Bouldererers even clean the ground of small rocks.

>What is the important function(s) does the ‘Friends of Arapiles’ group serve?

They serve pretty good food and local wine at their regular bbq get togethers at local footy match pissups.

>What is your view on the toilet block(s) at Centenary Park campground?

I'm up in Sydney so I can't quite see it, thank atheis, but when I'm down there I usually try to face the tent away from it, and a reasonable distance, preferably upwind . . .

>If you could, what thing would you change about Mt Arapiles so it become
>more environmentally viable and provide a sustainable future for generations
>to come and enjoy rock climbing (and other recreational activities within
>the park)?

To really make it viable it would be best to branch out a bit. Maybe put in some bitchin' bike tracks, a few downhills; and turn the oval into a skatepark, with retractable rain-cover . . .
Add Emirates style resort bungalows and you got a winner. This would generate lots of sustainable futures . . .
Reluctant
2-Aug-2013
2:23:45 PM
As I yell at my kids. "Do your homework". Posing it as a survey is inspired for not having to do your own research. If you want to do a real survey I suggest use survey monkey website then post link here.
"Turn that music off and get on with it". See I'm in the zone now.

ajfclark
2-Aug-2013
2:29:47 PM
On 2/08/2013 Reluctant wrote:
>If you want to do a real survey I suggest use survey monkey website then post link here.

Or use a google docs scpreadsheet form thing.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
2-Aug-2013
3:28:29 PM
On 2/08/2013 Macciza wrote:
>It's got really great, world-class climbing and it is important to have
>trad, sport and boulderers all be able to climb together in piece and harmony,
>side by side on Arapiles cliffsides, so why can't we?
>
Because piece is not peace.

>The most negative are probably the occasional family or school group that
>wants you be quiet and go to sleep, followed by the noisy trad climbers
>who clang past and wake you up at like 9 o'clock . . .

C'mon. What half respectable trad climber sleeps in to get that late a start?

On 2/08/2013 ajfclark wrote:
>Or use a google docs scpreadsheet form thing.

Either spell check failed or Friday happy hour seems to have started early?

I have often wondered what it must be like to be a grammarnazispellpedant. Now I know...
~> I haven't missed anything.
;-)

robbie
2-Aug-2013
4:14:50 PM
Hey Matthew, try developing your survey on one of the online survey tools as suggested earlier.

Also the questions you are presenting are multifaceted trending towards answers of a qualitative nature. This makes the task of data processing quit arduous. Try multi choice questions for quantitative responses (number crunching).

With your qualitative type questions try using a criteria based reference point.

Your Example
Q: What is the important function(s) does the ‘Friends of Arapiles’ group serve?

Q: Make a list functions the ‘Friends of Arapiles’ carry out?
A:
AND THEN
Q: From the previous question prioritise these functions in order of importance in numerical order. One being the most important.
A:

Also talk to some key stake holders like Park Victoria and Local Council to broaden you scope.

Good luck

Eduardo Slabofvic
2-Aug-2013
4:31:11 PM
>Mt Arapiles Questions
>Regarding the Environment
>Matthew Hume
>Year 12 Outdoor Education
>Pulteney Grammar School, Adelaide, SA
>

It is no more important than any other piece of land. The biodiversity is important because everywhere else nearby has had its biodiversity obliterated.

>
>whatever purpose?

The indentations left on mallets.

>
>Mt Arapiles?

The indentations made by mallets.

>
>What is the important function(s) does the ‘Friends of Arapiles’ group
>serve?

Ensuring the moral high ground is kept neat and tidy.

>

A distant one.

>
>the park)?

Take out all the bolts.

>
dawyndham
2-Aug-2013
4:40:13 PM
>Mt Arapiles Questions
>Regarding the Environment
>Matthew Hume
>Year 12 Outdoor Education
>Pulteney Grammar School, Adelaide, SA
>
Its geographic proximity to the SA border brings interstate revenue to the Parks Vic coffers. And the biodiversity intrigues the foreign visitors bringing international revenue. Or at least it would if anyone bothered to pay camp fees.

>
>whatever purpose?
I think the yelling at weekend warirors to be quiet late on Friday / Saturday nights is quite a negative affect.

>
>Mt Arapiles?
I've yet to witness much positive affect between groups of climbers previously unknown to one another.

>
>What is the important function(s) does the ‘Friends of Arapiles’ group
>serve?
They provide an alternate place for people to ignore paying for the upkeep of the park.

>
It's brick, dimly lit and full of bees. Not something I would use as a subject for a painting personally.

>
>the park)?
Considering the risk of damage to the park from bushfires this last Summer I think a clear-fell approach to vegetation is in order. It would blend in a lot better with the surrounding farmland that way.

Macciza
2-Aug-2013
8:41:02 PM
On 2/08/2013 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>C'mon. What half respectable trad climber sleeps in to get that late a start?

Sometimes it's good to go back for a second coffee after a few routes just to disturb the spurt climbers . . .
Chockstone Moderator
9-Aug-2013
1:47:02 PM
Original Post from duplicate (now locked) thread, replicated here, because it has slightly more information.

>My name is Matthew Hume and I’m doing Year 12 Outdoor Education at Pulteney Grammar School, Adelaide. >As part of the Year 12 Outdoor Ed curriculum on the 1st to 4th of July our class undertook an expedition to Mt Arapiles. >Following up from the trip we were given an assessment about Sustainable Parks focusing of Mt Arapiles-Tooan Park. >Here are some questions about the trip, answers would be very helpful-
>In your opinion, what is the importance of Mt Arapiles/Tooan State Park, and why is it important to preserve the biodiversity of the area/park?

>What are the negative affects of user groups that visit Mt Arapiles for whatever purpose?

>In perspective, what are the positive affects of user groups that visit Mt Arapiles?

>What is the important function(s) does the ‘Friends of Arapiles’ group serve?

>If you could, what thing would you change about Mt Arapiles so it become more environmentally viable and provide a sustainable future for generations to come and enjoy rock climbing (and other recreational activities within the park)?

>Also, if you know anyone else who is interested in the environment of Mt Arapiles can you please forward this email to them or email me there contact details. >Thankyou for your time.
Chockstone Moderator
9-Aug-2013
7:36:32 PM
On 9/08/2013 Friday, 9 August 2013 At 7:13:29 PM matt-hume8 wrote on yet another new thread (now deleted and a PM sent asking him to stay with the original thread):

>Below is a link to a survey monkey survey. The questions are multiple choice.
>Any responses would be appreciated.
>http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3RBTRBV

IdratherbeclimbingM9
12-Aug-2013
1:47:18 PM
I filled in your survey matt-hume, and am interested in the collated results of it, being published back to this thread sometime in the future.
martym
13-Aug-2013
7:02:13 AM
I work for an environmental organisation, and we often get kids calling in reading out their homework questions.
we usually give them a bit of support, point them in the right direction and recommend they refine their "research" skills.

when their parents call and read out their kid's homework questions, we give em an earful and recommend they refine their parenting skills.

There are 17 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints