Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Rosea and Bundaleer open?
fingernailsarepretty
27-Feb-2013
7:17:18 PM
Hi All

Just wondering if Mt Rosea and Bundaleer are currently open for climbing?

The Guide on here still talks about the Rosea campground which i thought they weren't rebuilding?

Wanting to head out there Labour day weekend.

Cheers

ajfclark
27-Feb-2013
8:58:40 PM
No. Due to the fires in the Vic range, a huge area is closed. See close map here: http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/572561/Grampians-fire-closures-map.pdf

http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/explore/parks/grampians-national-park should have updates as they come to hand.
fingernailsarepretty
27-Feb-2013
10:35:02 PM
cheers. if the current fire threat passes are there any access issues? i haven't been in a long time.

ajfclark
28-Feb-2013
9:10:51 AM
Previous thread with access details for Bundaleer and Rosea: http://www.chockstone.org/Forum/Forum.asp?Action=DisplayTopic&ForumID=15&MessageID=18898&PagePos=&Sort=&Replies=50&MsgPagePos=20
kieranl
26-Mar-2013
9:18:32 PM
Just in from Parks Vic this evening

"Rosea Walking Track – OPEN

Parks Victoria is excited to announce the opening of the popular Rosea walking track. The Rosea area was badly damaged by the storm event in 2011. Works to this track include a realignment to improve the visitor experience to the summit. Please note the tracks from Rosea to Borough Huts and the Burma Track remain closed."

So Rosea is now open for walking as well as climbing for Easter.

dr box
15-Apr-2013
8:13:11 PM
Anyone been to rosea recently? Having trouble figuring out if its open. Parks vic website isn't giving its secrets up to me.
Cheers
kieranl
15-Apr-2013
8:46:38 PM
On 15/04/2013 dr box wrote:
>Anyone been to rosea recently? Having trouble figuring out if its open.
>Parks vic website isn't giving its secrets up to me.
>Cheers
Did you read the previous post? Rosea has been open since just before Easter.

ajfclark
15-Apr-2013
8:47:10 PM
From the linked thread (I even linked to the right page for you):

On 12/12/2012 access t wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Just finished speaking with PV. Good news. Rosea climbing area is open for climbing! They have agreed that as we only need to use a small section of the walking track at the start then this will be acceptable in order for us to access the climbers track. Please note though that the Rosea walking track is still officially closed so don't use this to access any other part of the area. Other users are still not able to use it and the area and walking track won't be promoted.
>I assured them that it is highly unlikely that the climbers will want to be doing anything other than walking up the climbers track and climbing
>:)
>
>Cheers,
>Tracey

There are 8 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints