Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 28
Author
Base jumpers
Muldoon
14-Mar-2012
10:05:22 AM
Hi all, Claire Sutherland here, from mX newspaper in Melbourne. We're seeking the jumpers who leapt off the Vue du Monde viewing platform on the Rialto building last night. We'd be happy to preserve their anonymity. I realise they may not be climbers but thought it was worth a shot. My email is sutherlandc@mxnet.com.au if anyone feels like getting in touch.
Thanks

shortman
14-Mar-2012
10:11:48 AM
The Cicada may have been in Melbourne last night.

cjradloff76
14-Mar-2012
10:42:05 AM
no im in bris again.
simey
14-Mar-2012
10:49:54 AM
You move quickly.
cjradloff76
14-Mar-2012
10:53:25 AM
no ive been in bris since sunday
dalai
14-Mar-2012
10:54:56 AM
On 14/03/2012 simey wrote:
>You move quickly.

Agreed. Interstate AND up the risk register... Only seemed like days ago you were swinging across tyrolians and have already progressed to base jumping!
cjradloff76
14-Mar-2012
11:03:46 AM
no i only did abseiling in the blueys and met Lucky Chance at his home in emu plains
dalai
14-Mar-2012
11:14:13 AM
Oh I get it - the first rule of jump club is you don't talk about jump club... My mistake, abseiling in the Blueys only. ;-)

IdratherbeclimbingM9
14-Mar-2012
1:08:00 PM
On 14/03/2012 cjradloff76 wrote:
>no i only did abseiling in the blueys and met Lucky Chance at his home in emu plains

Hmm.
~> I'd expect that meeting to have been quite a sobering experience Cicada...

Maxo
14-Mar-2012
1:39:05 PM
When base folk do this kind of thing, do they make sure that they're not jumping directly over pedestrians?
J.C.
15-Mar-2012
10:24:40 PM
yes they do, thats what ground crew are for: making sure noone is in the way and that there are no constabulary in sight and that wind conditions havent changed etc etc. for all the claims of 'reckless hoodlums' its actually incredibly tightly organised and assessed. so ive heard.
J.C.
15-Mar-2012
10:26:32 PM
ps Claire I'm not telling you who it was but if you had any specific messages or questions feel free to drop me a line and ill consider forwarding it

shortman
15-Mar-2012
10:58:19 PM
Ran on the front page of the herald-sun this morning. They were all over it.

wallwombat
16-Mar-2012
2:46:30 AM
Sorry Claire, I've been away for a few days, helping the feds catch Malcolm Naden.

Yes, that was me that jumped off that big building.

Don't tell anyone.

If your a good sort I'll show you my midget submarine and you'll get the big scoop.
citationx
16-Mar-2012
10:09:15 AM
On 16/03/2012 wallwombat wrote:
>If your a good sort I'll show you my midget submarine and you'll get the
>big scoop.

Surely if you've got a midget submarine you can only give her a small scoop?

nmonteith
16-Mar-2012
10:47:11 AM
On 15/03/2012 shortman wrote:
>Ran on the front page of the herald-sun this morning. They were all over
>it.

I couldn't find a sign of it on their website.
Wollemi
16-Mar-2012
11:02:26 AM
"To jump off a building in the CBD of Melbourne is just a silly thing to do." Fairfax reckons it was entertainment, Deputy Commissioner...

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/restaurants-and-bars/highend-surprise-as-highrise-jumpers-leap-from-rialto-20120314-1uzdm.html

Four men ordered c--ktails at a high-end restaurant before skipping out on the bill in a somewhat novel way - by BASE jumping from Melbourne’s Rialto tower.
Dressed in business suits, the group arrived with suitcases and told staff they were on their way to the airport.

The men walked out onto the bar’s balcony, taking helmets with cameras attached out of their suitcases. They then pushed each other up and over the glass barrier surrounding the deck and BASE jumped.

White Gold
16-Mar-2012
11:57:08 AM
It will just be a publicity stunt for Vue de Monde as they have recently moved to Level 55 of the Rialto, where they jumped from. Business hasn't been doing as well as they hoped recently and been struggling...Hearld Sun had a big photo of Shannon Bennett (owner of Vue de monde) in the paper yesterday...Coincidence mmmaybe? Otherwise very lucky man.
cjradloff76
16-Mar-2012
6:54:15 PM
maybe it will end up on youtube some day

E. Wells
16-Mar-2012
7:43:19 PM
when your done editing? Cicada? ...and DRINKING c--kTAILS!!? CICADA?

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 28
There are 28 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints