Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
New blog, what do you think?
Bultitude
6-Nov-2011
3:41:09 PM
Im putting togther a new blog, fetures a bunch of tr's and some articles most of the trs also appear in the tr thread, but what do you guys think?

http://huckanddyno.wordpress.com/

Phil Laukens
9-Nov-2011
8:46:25 AM
I really enjoyed the video of the climbing at Point Perpendicular. Could you also add the grade to the individual climbs rather than just the name? Good work

sbm
9-Nov-2011
9:07:50 PM
On 9/11/2011 Phil Laukens wrote:
>I really enjoyed the video of the climbing at Point Perpendicular. Could
>you also add the grade to the individual climbs rather than just the name?
>Good work

I purposely stopped putting grades in videos and trip reports, after a chockstone tr sparked a four-page flamewar about grading.

Also I believe Bulti has promised to review the pies at every pie shop he stops at on road trips. This is probably going to be the best part about the blog.
dalai
Online Now
9-Nov-2011
9:12:19 PM
On 9/11/2011 sbm wrote:
>I purposely stopped putting grades in videos and trip reports, after a
>chockstone tr sparked a four-page flamewar about grading.

Ignore the flame wars. Only keeps everyone entertained... Insert the weeks flame topic bolts/trad vs sport/grades/bouldering wall designs etc.
Fish Boy
10-Nov-2011
12:36:17 PM
David, you ate an idiot and Marty certainly isn't.

That's all.
citationx
10-Nov-2011
1:22:43 PM
(sounding harsh, but being honest) I think it's the same as 99.99% of the rest of the -something else that's likely to float around with the rest of the jetsam in the blogosphere.
In reality, it depends on who you're really trying to attract. If you're looking for other climbers to visit, then you may want to proffer some important or overlooked information - how you did a 3 day climb, how you accessed james bond crag, the logistics of getting a 140L North Fake bag full of gear out to moonarie with $15 and a single wheel. Stick to the facts that are relevant to doing the climb, or how you did it. The outcome of an argument with a mate about his smelly farts at a local crag that has 150 visitors every standard weekend is probably not something that I, or most of the remaining climbers wish to read. (you could just make cool films of your climbs in general - perhaps that would appeal)
If, on the other hand, your blog is so that your mother/grandmother/fathers-dog's-breeders-third-cousin-twice-removed (what is that, anyway?) gets a feel for what you're doing in life, then it's a pretty good one (that's what my blog is for!).
One more thing, if you're going to go out on a limb and start talking to the world, then perhaps you should use a spell and grammar checker. There are enough 13 year olds with terrible english skills that blog, tweet and facebook as it is, we don't need another person helping the demise of the english language.
dalai
Online Now
10-Nov-2011
3:05:43 PM
On 10/11/2011 davidn wrote:
>Dalai
>
>I completely disagree. Yer an idiot. Flame wars are dumb.

Heh*3
widewetandslippery
10-Nov-2011
3:54:05 PM
What species and gender is davidn going down on fishboy? Your names true colours are coming through now.
Bultitude
10-Nov-2011
4:31:23 PM
Ok, so..

Add grades, climb descriptions and captions. Can do.

And you wanna hear the story, not just a list of climbs.

Ohh and sbm, i will be adding pie reviews.. im just trying to decide on the format for it... maybe a page with a google map that has all the pie shops?

Grammar/spelling notes taken (even though i just started a sentences with and).

Im hoping to include a few articles/rants/jokes.

E. Wells
17-Nov-2011
6:07:27 PM
I would like to see more nudity, thankyou.

There are 10 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints