Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

Black Diamond: ATC "Guide" - Great heat dissapation. Anodised BLUE. NB NEW scalloped style. Lighter!  $39.00
22% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 32
Author
Tendon ropes?

wallwombat
26/11/2008
12:36:07 PM
On 26/11/2008 Josh Caple wrote:
>They are cheap because Steve H doesn't whack on the ridiculous markups
>that most retailers do. This is because he is rad.

You picked it like a snotty, Josh.

I'd buy bread and milk off the Hawkman if he stocked them.
Setha
26/11/2008
2:49:37 PM
I doubt his markup is less then other retailers - most likely they are price competitive because he is an importer and retailer so there is no middle man,
samone
27/11/2008
9:42:34 PM
Thanks all for the input. Looks like my next will be the Ambition 9.8. Looking forward to it very much.

Thanks again,
Sam
Rawpowa!
14/12/2015
2:41:26 PM
Has anyone used a Tendon Master 9.7? Any opinions?
argos44
15/12/2015
10:30:05 AM
I've 4 different tendon ropes and i wouldnt buy another. The 9.7 master was the worst rope i've owned and a few friends had the same rope and they didnt like it either. I've got ropes with way more time on them and are still in much better condition.
Rawpowa!
15/12/2015
7:17:40 PM
Thanks Argos, that's a shame the search continues I guess. Was it mainly the quick wear that was a problem?
argos44
15/12/2015
9:24:48 PM
If it wasnt for some friends not liking theirs either I would just blame it on how I look after the rope. The 9.7 master is now just a just horribly loose/soft rope and has been trimmed dozens of times in 6 months. It was nice when it was new but went down hill quickly. I support Climbing Anchors at a drop of a hat but I personally wont get another Tendon.

Sabu
15/12/2015
9:30:22 PM
hmmm I've just bought a tendon master 8.9. It better not follow suit with your experiences although I'm not intending it to be a workhorse rope.
Rawpowa!
15/12/2015
9:39:32 PM
Great thanks Argos.
argos44
15/12/2015
10:17:03 PM
Will be interesting to see how it goes? Reading the earlier posts it seems like everyone has been happy with theirs.
Drake
16/12/2015
2:27:28 AM
I recently got a Tendon master 9.4 and I've been happy with it. It's light and supple and gives a very soft catch- I think it's great. I haven't had it long enough to speak about longevity. My only complaint is that the orange colour is shockingly bright orange; it's almost hard to look at.

ado_m
17/12/2015
12:44:44 PM
I've got a 9.4 as well, and so far it has been really good - second that on a very soft catch, lots of rope stretch....particularly as mine is a 80 for euro sport routes. value for money I don't think you could do better.

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 32
There are 32 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints