Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Black Diamond "STOPPER" Set. (Sizes 4 to 13) - 10 pieces. Comes with a "free" karabiner for racking.   $109.00
16% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Anaconda catalogue
pecheur
21/02/2013
7:25:23 AM
Well the front page has a pic of a young lady on what looks to be Kachoong using no feet with both arms in a 90 degree lock off ... A high quality version appears as the first flash screen on the anaconda webpage.

I was living in hope this meant that Anaconda was having a climbing gear sale, but nope, nada, the Black Diamond gear there appears to be even more expensive than pre-price levelling last year, utterly ridiculous. I don't know why anyone would buy any branded climbing gear from there (I do see a lot of Anaconda chalk bags around so I assume they were either a free promo give away or cheap at some time or another).

Miguel75
21/02/2013
9:00:13 AM
I went into Anaconda Fountain Gate a few months back and found their ropes, slings, tape and soft goods were being stored under, around and on top of paint thinners & degreasers.

technogeekery
21/02/2013
10:09:19 AM
I love Anaconda for cheap camping gear, but they are useless for climbing gear. Despite the silly climbing "walls" in my local (Rockdale) store, they have little climbing gear, and that overpriced.

I tend to keep my eye on Steve's Rock Hardware sales, he always has some goodies reduced on there, and his service is awesome.

Big G
21/02/2013
11:28:51 AM
i was in anaconda picking up a gas canister and went over to the climbing stuff just o have a look. the assistant asked if he could help. I said "why are your C3 camalots 50% more expensive than the C4's in every other store?" he said "because noone buys climbing gear from them they don't bother, updating the price stickers" and followed up with "i can do a prioce check if you like". The actual price was considerably lower than the price marked but still at a premium over most store's price for C4's. I suggested that the incorrect and outrageously expensive pricing may be the reason why nobody buys climibng gear from them....

shortman
21/02/2013
11:35:59 AM
This is funny. My experience is the total opposite with Anaconda. Stuff already cheap, discount day - cheaper again. I've got $5 nuts, $8 crabs etc.
martym
21/02/2013
12:36:21 PM
On 21/02/2013 Big G wrote:
>i was in anaconda picking up a gas canister and went over to the climbing
>stuff just o have a look. the assistant asked if he could help. I said
>"why are your C3 camalots 50% more expensive than the C4's in every other
>store?" he said "because noone buys climbing gear from them they don't
>bother, updating the price stickers" and followed up with "i can do a prioce
>check if you like". The actual price was considerably lower than the price
>marked but still at a premium over most store's price for C4's. I suggested
>that the incorrect and outrageously expensive pricing may be the reason
>why nobody buys climibng gear from them....

That and, I had no idea they stocked climbing gear!
I know they have rope bags, but for some reason assumed they just weren't in the climbing market.... unlike Aldi :)
Dr Nick
21/02/2013
4:10:34 PM
On 21/02/2013 shortman wrote:

> I've got $5 nuts, $8 crabs etc.

Me, easily amused? Guilty as charged, yer honour.

There are 7 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints