Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Wild Country: Set of 7 X WC Rockcentrics. (Sizes 3 to 9) Anodized different colours! SUPER SPECIAL!  $119.00
21% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Page 2 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 46
Author
thesarvo iPhone app - Tasmanian climbing guide

joycepg
12/07/2010
3:20:08 PM
On 8/07/2010 hangdog wrote:
> It would be cool if u could link with Gps. U could just stand at the
>climb and the app would tell u what route u r looking at.

yeah i thought of this. wouldn't it be great if you could point the video camera and have the routes superimposed? augmented reality style - dynamically updating as you panned around the rock face. data capture would be a big problem - most routes only exist as textual descriptions (even then relative to the one next to it, which is relative to one next to it, etc), or sometimes as a line over a static photo. the routes would have to be 3d lines, so they could be superimposed from whatever direction you were looking from. that makes user contribution tricky too.

nerm
10/08/2010
8:30:37 AM
Version 1.1 is now in the app store. Updates include:

- Map integration for GPS coordinates
- Native ipad support (runs full screen)
- Reworked top navigation bar

ajfclark
7/09/2010
9:15:26 AM
Full review here: http://whipper.com.au/2010/09/thesarvo-iphone-app-review/
WM
7/09/2010
9:53:17 AM
On 8/07/2010 nerm wrote:
>On 8/07/2010 ajfclark wrote:
>>I was wondering if the code was reuseable with different data files in
>>the back end...
>
>Possibly, and the ACA guides are a pretty obvious target and could be
>pretty useful to people. I'll get in contact with Adam Gibson and see whether
>its feasible.

nerm; gremlin: any progress on an ACA iPhone app? not to pressure anyone but I'm shopping for a new phone and the iPhone will move up the list if an ACA app is going to happen ...

nmonteith
10/12/2010
8:28:26 PM
Downloaded the online guide for my iPad - and it doesn't work. It crashes immediately on start-up. I'm running 4.2.1. I see other people have had the same problem on the feedback page on the ap store. I'm in Tassie in 15 days time - any chance of a fix!!

kuu
11/12/2010
9:26:51 AM
On 10/12/2010 nmonteith wrote:
>Downloaded the online guide for my iPad - and it doesn't work. It crashes
>immediately on start-up. I'm running 4.2.1. I see other people have had
>the same problem on the feedback page on the ap store. I'm in Tassie in
>15 days time - any chance of a fix!!

Neil, Jon was very quick to adapt the original iPhone app to run on the iPad (using iOS 3) so I suspect he'll have a fix ready before you leave for Tassie.

In the meantime take a look at the Sydney Rock Climbing guide app. It's designed for iPhone but works OK on my iPad running iOS 4.2.1 (Use the 2x button to enlarge)

vwills
11/12/2010
11:14:40 AM
Is it only 15 days time "til Tassie!!!

MIght have to be old fashioned and bring some paper.

Nerm
11/12/2010
5:36:34 PM
I have an update ready to submit that fixes the bug, but there is a problem at the moment in the app store that wont let me submit it.

Nerm
12/12/2010
6:21:46 PM
I've submitted the update to the app store - should be available in 5-10 days once its been reviewed.

WM - The content in the update will be current and have new routes etc in it - and you will get that as a free update.

Doug
12/12/2010
7:41:30 PM
On 7/09/2010 ajfclark wrote:
>Full review here: http://whipper.com.au/2010/09/thesarvo-iphone-app-review/

... link doesn't work ...

nerm
15/12/2010
8:54:37 AM
Version 1.2, which fixes the iPad on iOS 4.2.1 bug and also has a content update, is in the app store now.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/thesarvo/id379419619

kuu
15/12/2010
4:04:27 PM
On 10/12/2010 nmonteith wrote:
>Downloaded the online guide for my iPad - and it doesn't work. It crashes
>immediately on start-up. I'm running 4.2.1. I see other people have had
>the same problem on the feedback page on the ap store. I'm in Tassie in
>15 days time - any chance of a fix!!

I downloaded the update for iPad today (Wednesday 15 December) and installed it without problems.
Looks like you've got your wish Neil and will be able to take a working version of thesarvo guide to Tassie with you.

nmonteith
15/12/2010
4:20:59 PM
Works a treat! Thanks Nerm - you're a legend.

vwills
15/12/2010
7:17:14 PM
Now that the topos are safely on Neils phone we can embark up any route and after having got lost, having to aid and have a terrifying time on descent figure out how we went wrong immediately. :)

kuu
15/12/2010
7:46:09 PM
On 15/12/2010 vwills wrote:
>Now that the topos are safely on Neils phone we can embark up any route
>and after having got lost, having to aid and have a terrifying time on
>descent figure out how we went wrong immediately. :)

That's right. And assuming Neil has a 3G connection on his iPad, and there's Telstra coverage in the area, he'll be able to upload same-day trip reports to Chockstone detailing the exploits!

nmonteith
15/12/2010
7:52:34 PM
I hope Telstra has 3G at frenchmans cap.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
15/12/2010
8:14:41 PM
Has Telstra got a map and compass to be able to find Frenchmans Cap?
Will they come to the rescue on horseback?
Heh, heh, heh.
paul
16/12/2010
9:40:30 AM
I can just imagine the conversation, climber "which way do i go", belayer "I dont know, the guide has flat batteries'
widewetandslippery
16/12/2010
9:54:18 AM
how do ipads go in torrential rain?, how do the people who use them protect them?

wallwombat
16/12/2010
9:57:12 AM
They use an ibrella.

Page 2 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 46
There are 46 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints