Goto Chockstone Home

  Guide
  Gallery
  Tech Tips
  Articles
  Reviews
  Dictionary
  Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

      Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

  Shop

Edelrid: "Ultralight Helmet" (Turquoise) Mid blue .Fits 54 - 60cm Great heavy duty all-rounder. SUPER SPECIAL for a short time only!  $79.00
21% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints





Chockstone Forum - Accidents & Injuries

Report Accidents and Injuries

 Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 28
Author
Man missing near Sublime Point, Blue Mtns

Capt_mulch
9/09/2013
5:51:31 PM
>
>I think the poor guy took something that disagreed with him.

Gravity.

Sorry for the black humor, it's sad all round. Who knows what really happened. He may have been getting at one with the universe and misjudged where he was. I've been reading Pete Townshend's (The Who) autobiography and he nearly fell out a window from a long way up without even realising what he was doing - luckily for him someone grabbed him.

Miguel75
9/09/2013
8:19:37 PM
On 9/09/2013 Capt_mulch wrote:
>>
>>I think the poor guy took something that disagreed with him.
>
>Gravity.
>
>Sorry for the black humor, it's sad all round. Who knows what really happened.
>He may have been getting at one with the universe and misjudged where he
>was. I've been reading Pete Townshend's (The Who) autobiography and he
>nearly fell out a window from a long way up without even realising what
>he was doing - luckily for him someone grabbed him.

We recently attended to two gentlemen (in the same week) who thought they could beat gravity; one from 4 stories and one from 9 stories...

While the gentleman from 4 stories may walk again, gravity was once again found to be the unbeatable opponent...

P.S. My thoughts go out to the families of all the casualties.
One Day Hero
9/09/2013
8:29:31 PM
On 9/09/2013 Miguel75 wrote:

>While the gentleman from 4 stories may walk again, gravity was once again
>found to be the unbeatable opponent...
>
Really? What did he crater onto?

Miguel75
9/09/2013
9:22:26 PM
On 9/09/2013 One Day Hero wrote:
>On 9/09/2013 Miguel75 wrote:
>
>>While the gentleman from 4 stories may walk again, gravity was once again
>>found to be the unbeatable opponent...
>>
>Really? What did he crater onto?

The guy fell two stories onto a plate glass atrium, through that and then two stories onto the ground...

Ouch!
widewetandslippery
10/09/2013
8:25:48 AM
Misadventure as they call it can kill anyone. I think Dianne Brimble would be the poster child for that.

Climboholic
10/09/2013
8:59:59 AM
On 9/09/2013 Miguel75 wrote:
>...While the gentleman from 4 stories may walk again, gravity was once again
>found to be the unbeatable opponent...

Aren't we in the business of beating gravity for fun?
technogeekery
11/09/2013
1:08:32 PM
Yes, but our victories are temporary, gravity always wins in the end, dust to dust...
patto
11/09/2013
1:52:33 PM
On 11/09/2013 technogeekery wrote:
>Yes, but our victories are temporary, gravity always wins in the end, dust
>to dust...

Except if you are helium or hydrogen. Both regularly beat gravity (earths) and escape ;-).

 Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 28
There are 28 messages in this topic.

 

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.



Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints